*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Odd vibration

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Odd vibration

Postby Bulldogboy » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:53 am

Hi chaps, I've started noticing a vibration at idle, if you slightly increase the revs it goes, also if you depress the clutch ,it goes, could this be the duel mass flywheel? Or ( hopefully) that the idle speed is too low, it sits just above the last increment below the 1 on the revcounter at idle, any ideas appreciated.
Bulldogboy
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Odd vibration

Postby Nederbelg » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:30 am

Approximately 820rpm? Seems normal to me. Only when regenerating and at cold wheather the Idle is slightly higher than that.
A vibration at idle can also be caused by one or more faulty injectors.

Gr Nederbelg
Nederbelg
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Bulldogboy » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:18 pm

Hi, thanks for the reply, yes idles about 8200 approx, noticed the vibration this morning, now after driving less so, funny you should mention the injectors, I had always been unimpressed with the performance of my 155 PS, and had tried injector cleaner Wynn's as I remember, with no effect, it was only when I used liqui moly diesel purge that I noticed an incredible difference in acceleration,and performance, and I reckon I had 1 or 2 blocked injectors, but since then it's ran well
Bulldogboy
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby bambi mk 1 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:33 pm

Bulldogboy wrote:Hi, thanks for the reply, yes idles about 8200 :lol: :P approx, noticed the vibration this morning,

Could be ice on the wings with the big frost
On the sixth day God created a Sprinter on the seventh he gave it away and bought a TRANSIT
bambi mk 1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Bulldogboy » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:11 pm

Why didn't I think of that, so obvious, ice, of course, Spose that's why you work on transits and I don't
Bulldogboy
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Transit Custom