*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Oil dilution

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Oil dilution

Postby Mikey msrt » Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:28 pm

I’ve been having issues lately with exhaust filter overload and Adblue not working. It went into ford Crayford for the interim service and to have the issues looked at. They basically told me that the problems are down to oil dilution and to fix it, it would require changing oil and filter and doing a static regen, but then they said that it would not be covered under warranty as my van supposedly is not supposed to have this problem but others are know too, and after a very heated conversation they would not back down and charged me £267 to do the work, so surely if other vans are having the issue and it’s covered under warranty and now mine has developed it then why wouldn’t it be covered.

I’m trying to get as much info as I can so that I can try and claim it back.

What causes oil dilution?

What years have this problem?

And any other info would be appreciated

Mine is only a year old with 9k
At 2k it had the timing gear changed at ford sittigbourne and I was told that they never put fresh oil in it and at 2.5k it went back to have the engine plate changed as they hadn’t sealed it properly and was leaking and never put new oil in it either
Mikey msrt
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Oil dilution

Postby wild camper » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:41 pm

It sounds like appalling customer service from Ford Crawford
Adverse publicity like this can’t do their sales targets any good
You have my sympathy
My 2017 2.0 130ps Ecoblue had the Recall 18B14 Oil Dilution PCM Recallibration
I didn’t get any form of written report, everything I’ve listed was all verbal
They changed the oil but not the filter or dipstick, presumably they tweaked the computer
Hopefully you’ll get more info. from other members to support your claim
In the past I’ve used Resolver to help with disputes with companies
It’s a free website , part of Martin Lewis’s organisation
It’s all online, they ask the relevant questions and convert your answers into a well worded letter
They know who to contact to get results at numerous companies and send the letter to them for you
Resolver must have an enormous standing because they get results
Unfortunately they can’t contact every company in the uk
I’ve used them for a dispute with Utilita, and I recommended them to my Sister for a dispute with Groupon, she got results virtually the next day
Just google “resolver” to get in touch
wild camper
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby dumper » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:21 pm

That’s a good bit of information I will use that against Ford my mk8 blow it’s intercooler pipe while under warranty and ford dealership put it back on and said they can not fault it it has since come off 3 more times and I am waiting for ford customer service to make a decision cheers wild camper
MK 8 L4 H3 Motorsport campervan
Past camper vans
1974 mk1 v4 with 2.0 pinto fitted
1986 mk3 2.5 di swb
1990 190 lwb 2.5 di
1998 100 lwb 2.5 di
2006 350 jumbo 135 tdci
dumper
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby FJ111200 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:02 am

I had the exhaust filter overload and Adblue issue in France this year, 2016 130ps 2.0 litre, 16k. Also I've taken my van in because of the rising oil level, of which there was no mention of oil dilution from Ford but the lying b*stards told me that they had never heard of the problem before, yeah right, and my van is normal and they can't find a problem.
Anyway, the French Ford dealership told me my van wasn't covered by the warranty, even though Ford UK told them and me it was, and refused to reimburse me the €313 or £289. So Ford UK have given me the 2 year service free of charge as compensation. So basically the French did a forced or static regen for the pleasure of my cash. I wasn't arguing then, I was in central France and had to get home.
Ford UK customer service did their best with the French, but they didn't want to know, they can be stubborn b*stards as we know.
I don't do that many long journeys, but it's not ben all short ones neither, but I have started to go the long way to work, just to get the van up to temperature and I try to keep the revs above 2k by ignoring the gearshift indicator, and the rising oil level seems to have peaked.
I you could post up your results i'll be watching with interest.
:idea: :lol: :roll:
FJ111200
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby V184 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:43 pm

Mikey msrt wrote:I’ve been having issues lately with exhaust filter overload and Adblue not working. It went into ford Crayford for the interim service and to have the issues looked at. They basically told me that the problems are down to oil dilution and to fix it, it would require changing oil and filter and doing a static regen, but then they said that it would not be covered under warranty as my van supposedly is not supposed to have this problem but others are know too, and after a very heated conversation they would not back down and charged me £267 to do the work, so surely if other vans are having the issue and it’s covered under warranty and now mine has developed it then why wouldn’t it be covered.

I’m trying to get as much info as I can so that I can try and claim it back.

What causes oil dilution?

What years have this problem?

And any other info would be appreciated

Mine is only a year old with 9k
At 2k it had the timing gear changed at ford sittigbourne and I was told that they never put fresh oil in it and at 2.5k it went back to have the engine plate changed as they hadn’t sealed it properly and was leaking and never put new oil in it either

They have been dog5h1t for years, 3 weeks to replace a connect front wheel bearing & wanted 2 days to repair a broken alternator wire ! Haynes are no better only one that cares is hendy tonbridge
V184
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby Mikey msrt » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:00 pm

Thanks for the replies.

What I don’t understand is that they done a recall on yours but not my 2017 170ps 2.0l. Surely if there’s an issue and mine developed it then they would cover it.
Seems ok at the moment tho, time will tell

Sittingbourne broke both my msrt side skirts when there but decided not tell me. Passenger side first time and drivers side second time, they have said they will cover the cost. It won’t never go back there again

Staff are definitely told to keep quiet when there’s an issue as I couldn’t get any info from them about oil dilution

I’ll ley you know what happens when I make a complaint
Mikey msrt
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Transit Custom