*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Speakers

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Speakers

Postby poolie » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:57 pm

Just bought a brand new limited. These are like night and day inside compared to old. The sync system is fantastic!!

Mine only gripe is the sound coming from the speakers. They are not very good.. anyone recommend a set what a plug and play, not interested in boom boom just want a clearer and a little bit louder sound.
poolie
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: Speakers

Postby Mike » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:29 pm

What we need is a thread with 185 posts on the Custom speakers...and a search function on the forum....oh hang on :roll:
Mike
Wind up merchant!

Postby poolie » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:43 am

poolie wrote:Just bought a brand new limited. These are like night and day inside compared to old. The sync system is fantastic!!

Mine only gripe is the sound coming from the speakers. They are not very good.. anyone recommend a set what a plug and play, not interested in boom boom just want a clearer and a little bit louder sound.

Sorry should of said Ive read that thread. Nothing clear apart from setups with amps, which I don't want!

All's I want is a set of speakers that improve the sound from the sh*t I've got.

Come on then Mike, you've posted a lot in that thread and seem to know your stuff! X
poolie
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Mike » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:34 am

Mike wrote:The speakers are the weakest link by far. The standard HU with decent speakers is remarkably good, but as you’ve realised, the standard amplifier lets things down. JL Audio speakers (with Dynamat), amp and a BitOne is a very good setup. A decent small sub is the icing on the cake.
Mike
Wind up merchant!

Postby poolie » Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:34 pm

poolie
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby sieade245 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:00 pm

I used a similar set of Alpines to upgrade the factory speakers in my BMW. They have been outstanding for the past 7 years. The BMW also has underseat subs though so bear that in mind, also I added an Alpine amp at the same time but there's no reason you couldn't put them in and see what it sounds like without an amp, then add one such as the pocket size Vibe amp I mention in my thread if you don't think they sound good enough (which I would deffo recommend anyway having tried both ways)
sieade245
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby poolie » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:42 pm

sieade245 wrote:I used a similar set of Alpines to upgrade the factory speakers in my BMW. They have been outstanding for the past 7 years. The BMW also has underseat subs though so bear that in mind, also I added an Alpine amp at the same time but there's no reason you couldn't put them in and see what it sounds like without an amp, then add one such as the pocket size Vibe amp I mention in my thread if you don't think they sound good enough (which I would deffo recommend anyway having tried both ways)

Thanks for that pal.

I've ordered them. I'll let you know how I get on.
poolie
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby mic71 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:27 pm

these

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/Hertz-UNO-K-17 ... 3636858511

but you need to sound deaden the doors whatever you fit.
these are the best i found for the money that are designed to work off a stock head unit..

im ex car audio installer..

mike
I can make the doorbell ring any time I want, all I have to do is go to the toilet.
mic71
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby poolie » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:30 pm

Well I've changed the door speakers, can't really tell the difference :( another thing when you turn the volume up it's seems to get no louder after the 25 setting. It goes up to 30. This was with the standard speakers too.

The sound is better in my 66 Plate than this new one.
poolie
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Mike » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:41 am

Mike wrote:JL Audio speakers (with Dynamat).
Mike
Wind up merchant!

Postby mic71 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:53 am

poolie wrote:Well I've changed the door speakers, can't really tell the difference :( another thing when you turn the volume up it's seems to get no louder after the 25 setting. It goes up to 30. This was with the standard speakers too.
What did you install?
You have to be careful when replacing car speakers as just installing ones that are a top brand and look good/cost a lot isn't the answer...
You can make it worse if you don't choose wisely...
Choose speakers with a high sensitivity rating above max wattage.
Also it is essential to sound dedden the doors as part of the install

The sound is better in my 66 Plate than this new one.
I can make the doorbell ring any time I want, all I have to do is go to the toilet.
mic71
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby mic71 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:27 pm

What did you install?
You have to be careful when replacing car speakers as just installing ones that are a top brand and look good/cost a lot isn't the answer...
You can make it worse if you don't choose wisely...
Choose speakers with a high sensitivity rating above max wattage.
Also it is essential to sound dedden the doors as part of the install
mic71
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Transit Custom