*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Rear speakers - 2018 facelift

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Re: Rear speakers - 2018 facelift

Postby DeRo » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:33 pm

seikokid wrote:maybe try having a chat with vantuner before you start spending

Thanks but TBH, I'm confident that the indy who tried to do mine would have done it if possible. He said the menu he normally uses to add the rears was no longer there - and he'd previously done quite a few earlier Customs.

And it's a good enough reason for a sub and some speaker upgrades...!
2018 Custom Limited 280 L1H1 130ps Auto Magnetic Grey
DeRo
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Hammie » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:36 am

DeRo wondering how you're getting on with this speaker situation, trying the same in my 2018 panel facelift but looking like I only have the plug on the drivers side rear arch, an update would be good.
Hammie

Postby DeRo » Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:57 am

Hammie wrote:DeRo wondering how you're getting on with this speaker situation, trying the same in my 2018 panel facelift but looking like I only have the plug on the drivers side rear arch, an update would be good.

Very late reply, sorry!

Only got it sorted a few weeks back.

Got a local place to install an amp to connect the rears up. They also upgraded the front speakers and added a sub at the same time.
2018 Custom Limited 280 L1H1 130ps Auto Magnetic Grey
DeRo
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby customal » Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:54 pm

Hi

I've a 2021 dciv custom

Has anyone done rears in dciv ?

If so where did you put them and which kind ?

Any pics where wires are and connectors required ?

I can program so the rears fade with forscan so no problems

Thanks
customal
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby rickthechemist » Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:50 pm

Resurrecting this post rather than starting a new one...

I've an early 2018 facelift DCIV for our family bus. Like many others, I'd like to hook up some rear speakers. Reading extensively on the forums, it seems that the updating the IDS to switch on the rear speakers is not straight-forward on the facelift models (and my local dealership seems uncertain) despite the wiring being in place. So, this leaves a couple of options:

1) Simply splice into the front speaker cables and run lines to the rear cab. This obviously would prevent any fade control and may not be massively healthy for the HU?

2) Let the HU power the front speakers but use a harness (e.g., https://www.skiptoncarradio.com/ford-sy ... 3224-p.asp) to enable rca output to an amp and then drive the rear speakers from the amp. This setup could later be updated to drive the front speakers from the amp when budgets allow! Fade could potentially be set by altering the gain of the rear amp?

Has anyone done any of the above? Do the setups work OK? I'm a complete newbie when it comes to car/van audio.

Thanks

Rick
rickthechemist

Postby Sparky6911 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:12 pm

rickthechemist wrote:Resurrecting this post rather than starting a new one...

I've an early 2018 facelift DCIV for our family bus. Like many others, I'd like to hook up some rear speakers. Reading extensively on the forums, it seems that the updating the IDS to switch on the rear speakers is not straight-forward on the facelift models (and my local dealership seems uncertain) despite the wiring being in place. So, this leaves a couple of options:

1) Simply splice into the front speaker cables and run lines to the rear cab. This obviously would prevent any fade control and may not be massively healthy for the HU?

2) Let the HU power the front speakers but use a harness (e.g., https://www.skiptoncarradio.com/ford-sy ... 3224-p.asp) to enable rca output to an amp and then drive the rear speakers from the amp. This setup could later be updated to drive the front speakers from the amp when budgets allow! Fade could potentially be set by altering the gain of the rear amp?

Has anyone done any of the above? Do the setups work OK? I'm a complete newbie when it comes to car/van audio.

Thanks

Rick

Hi Rick, did you use the above solution in the end, how has it worked for you? I don't seem to be able to find someone to code in the rear speakers, the technicians in the Ford garage I bought the van from had no idea what I was talking about. hopefully you managed to find a way to add the rear speakers. Thanks Dave
Sparky6911

Previous

Return to Transit Custom