*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Euro 5 custom towbar electrics

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Re: Euro 5 custom towbar electrics

Postby loot » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:55 pm

That with the keys is normal it is security. Remote bypasses that.

I haven't actually looked where all the fuses are on the custom, the bcm is by the steering wheel I think but if you know f39 and all the others are ok then did you clear the codes then see what comes back? And when you cut the wire did it short more than 1?
56 350 2.2 130ps mk7 with 2 side doors 8)
65 290 2.2 125ps custom with 2 side doors 8)
07 350 170ps
Ids v86 licence + v86.04 update + xprog here
Ids map here
loot
Site Moderator

Postby thedugmaster » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:44 am

bobtol wrote:Yeh I had a look but to be honest I couldn’t really tell if it would do anything. Some said it does and some said it doesn’t. I have noticed this a lot with FORScan. I have lost the use of both key fob remote function after accidentally cutting a wire and my batteries going flat. Repaired wires and replaced batteries but still didn’t work so came on here. I was told to reprogram keys using FORScan but when I try it doesn’t give me the option. Thought I was doing something wrong but then someone said it would not work with a 2014 Transit Custom. Key works to open drivers door but then I need to quickly put keys in ignition and turn on to stop alarm going off. I guess I am going to need to take it to dealer to get fixed.

I have a 2014 Tourneo and I fitted a fixed Witter bar and vehicle-specific 7 pin wiring harness a couple of years ago (all from PF Jones).

In terms of 'coding', I did my own using FORScan and my £15 USB ELM adaptor.

In my bus I had to change 2 settings in the central configuration. The first one was to tell it that it had a top bar fitted and the second one was to tell it that it had a Euro 12 pin harness fitted (even though it doesn't).

As far as I can tell, the first setting is in case you have a trailer module fitted (I don't) so that the van knows to apply the rear brakes etc. if you've got a bloody great weight on the back. Enabling this option didn't seem to make any difference to mine, whereas enabling the second option did make a difference as it now disables the rear parking sensors if I select reverse and it detects a trailer on. I get no indication that a trailer is on when I put the indicators on but I do get a 'bulb failure' message if the trailer light bulb has a bulb go or isn't connected properly.

Hope this helps!
thedugmaster
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby bobtol » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:03 am

Hi
Can anyone explain in a step by step how I change settings in central config for newly fitted tow bar. New to FORScan and don’t want to screw things up. Also do I need to download any files for this. Cheers.

Bob. T
Bob. T :)
bobtol
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby thedugmaster » Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:05 pm

bobtol wrote:Hi
Can anyone explain in a step by step how I change settings in central config for newly fitted tow bar. New to FORScan and don’t want to screw things up. Also do I need to download any files for this. Cheers.

Bob. T
I can't explain exactly but essentially you need to do the following. Also, be warned, if you mess it up it can render your vehicle immobile and require it being towed to a Ford garage for a BCM restore!

If in doubt, get Ford to code it. It only takes a half hours labour charge.

If you are keen to have a go read as much info on the FORScan website and watch the tutorials on YouTube first.

1. Go to the FORScan website and follow the instructions to license the software.

2. Connect to your vehicle and open the Central Configuration file.

3. Save a copy of your default settings to your computer. This is a safeguard and allows you to restore it if you get it wrong or your computer crashed half way through.

4. Load the settings for your Main Module but NOT the 'As Built' version as this is in hexadecimal and can easily be mis-configured.

5. Locate the 2 (separate) Towbar options and enable them from the drop-down options.

6. Commit the changes to your vehicle.

7. Reset all DTC error codes power cycling your ignition as instructed before disconnecting from your vehicle and unplugging the adaptor.

These ^ are essentially the steps you would need to take but before you go ahead I can't stress how important it is to read and understand how it works before you make any changes. However, there is a lot of info on the FORScan website in the support section and it's not difficult once you know.

Good luck!

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
thedugmaster
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Previous

Return to Transit Custom