*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Quick hello. New Custom Sport 2019

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Quick hello. New Custom Sport 2019

Postby AmendmentB » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:07 am

Just saying a polite hello and looking forward to using the forums, don’t do much social media but this seems to be the place for Transit Customs :D

I’ve taken delivery of a 2019 model Custom Sport 310 L2 Auto. Coming from a 2017 transit connect. I’ve ticked up most options to personalise the van so if any one wants to know about any of them just let me k know and I’ll do m6 best to help.

Spec wise it’s got the following extras compared to a standard sport:

Rear Tailgate
Double side load doors
Adaptive Cruise Control
Integrated Roof Rack
Bi-Xenon headlights
Load compartment LED lights
Power Converter (240v supply by park brake)

Didn’t order the navigation as I had that with my Connect but never used it as it has Car Play. Expensive too at £750!! Also didn’t go for BLIS, thought that was a bit pricey as well.

Really liking the bigger size of van over the connect and lovely to drive, it really is a shame that ford has slightly skimped on not having auto fold mirrors when locking and not having passenger side one button window open/close. Both were present on my connect and thought these would be there on the Transit.

Cheers Mark.

Pic....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AmendmentB
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: Quick hello. New Custom Sport 2019

Postby Simon85 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:54 pm

Hi Mark.
Van looks great.
Can I be cheeky and ask how much you paid for it?
Simon85
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby AmendmentB » Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:12 pm

Simon85 wrote:Hi Mark.
Van looks great.

Thanks, I’d rather not say exactly but if I were looking to get one now I heard they stopped taking orders for the sport version due to importing loads of the Base/Limited ones. However if you get a chance to order one it’d be between 25-30k depending on options. If I had no options but took a standard sport 25k would be my aim plus vat.
AmendmentB
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Mike » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:14 pm

AmendmentB wrote: I heard they stopped taking orders for the sport version due to importing loads of the Base/Limited ones.

They’ve stopped taking orders because there’s a new version coming. https://www.parkers.co.uk/vans-pickups/ ... brid-tech/
Mike
Wind up merchant!

Postby jinx » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:54 pm

AmendmentB wrote:
Simon85 wrote:Hi Mark.
Van looks great.

Thanks, I’d rather not say exactly but if I were looking to get one now I heard they stopped taking orders for the sport version due to importing loads of the Base/Limited ones. However if you get a chance to order one it’d be between 25-30k depending on options. If I had no options but took a standard sport 25k would be my aim plus vat.

Sorry a bit baffled why you cant say what you paid for it :?
jinx
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Jackanson » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:20 pm

Hi, nice to hear you are pleased with your new Sport. I got a facelift a wee while ago - like you added some options - auto box which is great, never use the manual option, led load lights which are far better than the dull glow of the standard light I had in my previous limited, tailgate (used to be standard on the Sport, now £250 extra) which is nicer than the barn doors, BLIS system which I find really useful, adaptive cruise control. Didn't bother with the Sat Nav as I just use Google maps through I Phone. I managed to come by a new set of black M Sport Oz 20 alloys - looks real smart in burnt orange. Body wise have only added a piano black front splitter which was a real neat easy fit. Pity they deleted the lid for the cubby box in front of the steering wheel - don't know why they did this. Bob.
Jackanson
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby AmendmentB » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:02 pm

Jackanson wrote:Hi, nice to hear you are pleased with your new Sport. I got a facelift a wee while ago - like you added some options - auto box which is great, never use the manual option, led load lights which are far better than the dull glow of the standard light I had in my previous limited, tailgate (used to be standard on the Sport, now £250 extra) which is nicer than the barn doors, BLIS system which I find really useful, adaptive cruise control. Didn't bother with the Sat Nav as I just use Google maps through I Phone. I managed to come by a new set of black M Sport Oz 20 alloys - looks real smart in burnt orange. Body wise have only added a piano black front splitter which was a real neat easy fit. Pity they deleted the lid for the cubby box in front of the steering wheel - don't know why they did this. Bob.

Hi Bob, great to read you’ve gone very similar. Same as you the led lights are great, I do find it a tad noisier than expected engine wise but compensated by good pulling power. Just curious why you find the BLIS system useful? Had this on my connect and apart from the blind spot mirror lighting up didn’t find anything else worthy of the £500 option price....
Comfortable driving position keeps me good on long distances. Really bright xenon lights are great at night too. Adaptive cruise also very good and quick to react.
AmendmentB
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Jackanson » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:55 pm

Hi I pondered long and hard about the headlights, but have now fitted led bulbs to the dipped headlights and well pleased with them. Thinking about getting the rear lowered as it is only used privately (mainly for motocross) so never has a heavy load. Just great vans and certainly draws more attention than similarly specced cars. I didn't think it is any more noisy than our Limited we bought new in 16. Not many parts out for the facelift model yet - we had to send to Germany for a half bonnet bra with built in stone deflectors. Sure some bits and pieces will become available in the UK soon.
Jackanson
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Knightfire » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:43 pm

Jackanson wrote:Hi I pondered long and hard about the headlights, but have now fitted led bulbs to the dipped headlights and well pleased with them. Thinking about getting the rear lowered as it is only used privately (mainly for motocross) so never has a heavy load. Just great vans and certainly draws more attention than similarly specced cars. I didn't think it is any more noisy than our Limited we bought new in 16. Not many parts out for the facelift model yet - we had to send to Germany for a half bonnet bra with built in stone deflectors. Sure some bits and pieces will become available in the UK soon.

Hi

Which led bulbs did you use, bern trying varying types but not giving the light output i would like. Have got projector headlights in a 2019 custom ltd.

Cheers in advance
Knightfire

Postby Marky M » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:47 pm

Nice van. I got the same color, sport edition and name :lol:

I customized mine a bit. See my topic
Ford Transit Custom Sport 2018
* L2H1
* Chrome blue and stripes
* Customised for wheelchair accessibility/driving
* 20" Bola B20 Black polished
* K&N insert filter
* Led lights
https://fordtransit.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=189567
Marky M
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Jackanson » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:49 pm

Latest additions to Sport - Rieger front springs and Ford genuine part decambered leaf springs on rear. Drops it by 40mm and a little at the front so it actually sits level now which was the object of the exercise. Looks good with the 20 OZ wheels. Also got a new steering wheel done to my own design - much chunkier, flat bottom, perforated leather each side with nice thumb rests, all done in black with orange stitching to match van colour. On the subject of wheels, got alligator rim protectors fitted but they aren't suitable if you have Pirelli P Zeros due to the shape of the bead area. Keep coming out a bit on the fronts so will be getting different fronts when due to change.
Jackanson
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby theonlydean » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:52 pm

Jackanson wrote:Latest additions to Sport - Rieger front springs and Ford genuine part decambered leaf springs on rear. Drops it by 40mm and a little at the front so it actually sits level now which was the object of the exercise. Looks good with the 20 OZ wheels. Also got a new steering wheel done to my own design - much chunkier, flat bottom, perforated leather each side with nice thumb rests, all done in black with orange stitching to match van colour. On the subject of wheels, got alligator rim protectors fitted but they aren't suitable if you have Pirelli P Zeros due to the shape of the bead area. Keep coming out a bit on the fronts so will be getting different fronts when due to change.

Very nice! You got any pics of the steering wheel?
Also part numbers for the lowering upgrade?

Be interested to do this to mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ford Transit Custom Limited SWB Manual 2019
Dodge Challenger 5.7L V8 Manual 2010
theonlydean
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Jackanson » Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:24 am

custom steering wheel.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jackanson
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Jackanson » Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:31 am

Hi, above is a photo of wheel. You can double click it etc to get an idea of it - workmanship excellent and not particularly expensive. Can give you details if u want. Bob Cost me £20 to have it fitted at local garage.
Jackanson
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Mike » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:37 am

Apart from the ginger inserts, that looks ace.
Mike
Wind up merchant!

Next

Return to Transit Custom