*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Msrt /m sport owners

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Msrt /m sport owners

Postby Senna » Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:26 pm

Alreet lads as per thread title
Looking for feedback on owners with
Msrt custom , had a search around ...
However I am mainly looking for owners with this van & thoughts / feedback good or bad
Please
Senna

Re: Msrt /m sport owners

Postby coswurv » Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:17 pm

I’ve got the m-sport swb and I can’t fault mine really, maybe a little bouncy. Goes well carry’s the weight and looks the nuts with all the mod cons inside.
coswurv
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Senna » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:19 pm

coswurv wrote:I’ve got the m-sport swb and I can’t fault mine really, maybe a little bouncy. Goes well carry’s the weight and looks the nuts with all the mod cons inside.

Thanks for info any pics ?
Senna

Postby Tristan79 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:31 pm

I’ve had mine for 3weeks and it’s been a mixed experience. I’ve had a couple of issues. One with the leaf springs which need replacing. The other issue are the sliding doors. They catch the wheel arches and have rubbed the paint off. M sport have told me it’s the door card not clipped in properly. I’ve changed the door card and it still catches. I then adjusted the door itself to increase the gap between the door and arch. That has given me another problem because ford now refuse any warranty because the door has been tampered with. You can’t win
Tristan79

Postby coswurv » Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:34 pm

Actually I have a similar issue with the bottom of the front door rubbing on the skirt which has took the paint off but I knew from viewing maaannnyyy that all the body kits are poor fitting and the paint work is below par but they look the part and if you want one in layman terms it’s tough sh*t either put up with it or but something else.
coswurv
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Triggleberry » Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:50 pm

Just a quick note to say I had the exact same problem - got it from ford and noticed it when I picked it up and they respirated it. Over time it started to come back and I realised it was the inner door card. MSRT down in wales were helpful in as much that they identified the problem and said it happens a lot. I did exactly what you did , tried to adjust the door to get more clearance , FORD said exactly the same about the door being adjusted. Anyways , long story short , it’s the white Chips in the middle of the door , they gave way. Eventually got ford to replace them (£50) but it’s happened again , this time the clip holder that glued on the inner card came off. Just finished now but basically I’ve had to drill and tap a M6 bolt thru to hold the card in. Not really happy about it but I’ve just had the arch sprayed again so need to do something]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Triggleberry

Postby Triggleberry » Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:02 pm

In relation to the original post - apart from the door problem which I think it’s quite common - the van is great to drive , I prefer it to driving an A5 TFSI. The van looks good and always gets comments - I think if I really had to find a fault it would be the top speed of it. There are a few upgrades from MSRT that I’m interested in , one being the MaxHasut and the other being the power upgrade upto 208bhp - both quite pricey. Does anyone know how many are/were made ? I’ve got #118
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Triggleberry

Postby Dunners » Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:05 pm

I have a 2019 ms-rt transit van it was the worst purchase I have ever made the ford part of the van is great any thing with ms-rt written on it may as well be place straight in the bin as all the body parts have broken eggs are more robust than there body kits very poor stay well clear
Dunners

Postby Paul787 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:32 pm

Hi, I bought a brand new MS-RT Custom auto 185hp L2 DCIV from Hartwell Ford in Dunstable in December last year(2019). In Magnetic. Great looking van, but, build quality from MS-RT is poor. The following issues have arisen in 6 months and 4500miles.

1. Both rear wheel arch extensions will need repainting at some point , they were chipped up their front facing edge after 3 weeks of use. Had to order some clear PPF and cut it to fit, why is it not fitted by them As standard, it has to be a known issue.
2. Same rear wheel arch extensions peeling away from the body work of the van , have tried bonding them with various sealants, but they will have to be removed, retaped and refitted in the near future.
3. Rear spoiler peeling away from the top front face edge of the tailgate, had to bond it down. I only discoverd that problem after the aluminium reinforcing strip inside the spoiler came loose and started rattling every time you close the tailgate. So two issues there.
4. And finally today, the MS-RT badge inside the instrument binnacle in front of the steering wheel, fell of and is now sliding from side to side behind the clear Perspex screen, obscuring the fuel gauge or temp gauge, depending on wether your turning left or right. Will now have to strip the dash to get the binnacle out and take the front clear screen of to either remove it and bin it or reattach with stronger adhesive.

Great idea, but very poor execution. Would I buy another, probably not. For £12000 extra for the conversion, these problems are ridiculous. It proves one thing to me. You are better with a vehicle fully engineered by the manufacturer and not by some company that thinks they know what there doing. The price of parts, and the hoops you have to go through to get them is also ridiculous. £400 for a front bumper splitter in PU. You can buy some carbon ones for that. And they only tell you the price once you’ve told them your details, where it was bought, chassis number, MS-RT metal plate number, images of the damage etc . It’s a nonsense. Too much like hard work I’m afraid.
Paul787

Return to Transit Custom