*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Injector failure

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Injector failure

Postby MK8markie » Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:03 am

2019 custom sport just rolled over 5k and it suffered an injector failure yesterday, AA guy sent by ford assist was saying that it’s become a big problem due to a faulty batch of injectors being fitted to 19 plate and on vehicles. Not the end of the world, but very annoying when you hear that it can not be booked in for repair until the 17th September, reason stated is they are fully booked with this type of problem + no storage space at the dealership :roll: So then came the next problem, It seems that you are only entitled to a hire vehicle whilst yours in the dealers for repair, what am I supposed to do for work in the meantime whilst mine sits on the driveway unusable was my reply, oh you’ll need to speak to customer relations was the reply. Managed to get a van from enterprise via the dealers which on collection is on a 2 day lease :o so I now need to speak to ford to get it on a rolling contract, lots of faffing around and a pain in the arse, oh and to top it off, the hire van is a ford custom on a 19 plate :lol: :lol:
Wondering if there is any others on near have the same issue and how long a wait it was for repair !!

Cheers
MK8markie
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: Injector failure

Postby p2thed » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:36 am

Recall for injectors
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
p2thed
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Dan T » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:58 pm

MK8markie wrote:2019 custom sport just rolled over 5k and it suffered an injector failure yesterday, AA guy sent by ford assist was saying that it’s become a big problem due to a faulty batch of injectors being fitted to 19 plate and on vehicles. Not the end of the world, but very annoying when you hear that it can not be booked in for repair until the 17th September, reason stated is they are fully booked with this type of problem + no storage space at the dealership :roll: So then came the next problem, It seems that you are only entitled to a hire vehicle whilst yours in the dealers for repair, what am I supposed to do for work in the meantime whilst mine sits on the driveway unusable was my reply, oh you’ll need to speak to customer relations was the reply. Managed to get a van from enterprise via the dealers which on collection is on a 2 day lease :o so I now need to speak to ford to get it on a rolling contract, lots of faffing around and a pain in the arse, oh and to top it off, the hire van is a ford custom on a 19 plate :lol: :lol:
Wondering if there is any others on near have the same issue and how long a wait it was for repair !!

Cheers

Mine went on Thursday with 3.5k on it.
Purchasing dealer said 23rd Sept, Other dealers said November !! But after some calls and calling in favors I got next Friday, although they wouldn't accept delivery till then. Got the usual Enterprise hire van which is covered via AA for two full days and then ford assist kicks in. The AA will collect it again Friday.
Like has been said there is a recall, but it's only for builds from 14/20th May 2019 onwards (Not euro 6.2 from June) and Mine being a 28th April build isn't showing as a recall...
Theres always been an injector issue on euro6, but the last few months has seen a huge rise in failures and I don't believe the recall build dates are accurate !
Dan T
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby pipster6789 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:05 pm

My 69 plate Transit injector failed on Sunday 6th September. As it was the evening AA stored it overnight for me in their yard and took me and my wife home. My van was dropped off Monday morning(the 7th) I recieved a call to confirm and a hire van, transit custom 19 plate was provided for initial 48hrs.
I was originally told by my Ford garage in Edinburgh that it may take 4-6 weeks to repair the van as they had a large amount of vehicles in needing repaired.
I popped in today(the 8th) to collect a couple of items from the back of the van for work this week. To my surprise I was informed that all 4 injectors where currently being replaced and that I could collect my van later that day. I now have my van back and the hire van will be returned tomorrow.
I'm very pleased with the service provided.
I hope all who are affected by this fault with the fuel injectors can recieve the same service I have had. It really took a huge wait of my shoulders this week.
pipster6789

Postby Welsh Vanners » Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:35 pm

My van lost all power while on a motorway nearly 2 weeks ago with 4200 miles on the clock. When I phoned my local dealer said they hadn't heard of any faults with the injectors on Transits. When I took it in the (different) girl said they already had 3 vans in waiting for new injectors!! I got a free hire van from Ford and I'm now into my second week. Dealer has no idea when the injectors will be in but suggest at least 4 weeks. At least the hire van is the same spec as mine so I'm not loosing all the toys. Only problem I've got is strapping all my tools down in the back as I've racked mine out.
Welsh Vanners
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby S60r » Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:25 am

Mine is may 2018 and it lost power on dual carriageway way twice yesterday..... just started winding itself back then kicked in again..... injectors?
S60r
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby ajlelectronics » Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:50 am

Welsh Vanners wrote: so I'm not loosing all the toys.

How did you tighten the toys? :mrgreen:
ajlelectronics
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby long van man » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:06 pm

I’m an old hand at this now. Bought my custom New and am now on my 4th set of injectors. Van has spent weeks of the road. Worst van I’ve ever owned. What are ford doing. Why are they installing bad injectors into the vans time and time again. Last set didn’t even last a week before the van started loosing power and stalling again. It’s not nice when your on the duel carriage way and you pull out to over take and the van nose dives on you like it did with me. Guy behind me nearly ended up in the back of the van. Or you pull away from a junction and the vans slumps on the front suspension because of the loss of power all of a sudden. Ford seriously need to sort this problem out.
long van man
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby woodbutcherbower » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:40 pm

Just read the recall notice above as issued by Ford. What kind of vehicle manufacturer can't even spell 'misfire' ????? :roll:
woodbutcherbower
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Welsh Vanners » Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:18 pm

Had mine back today after a 3 week wait. I wonder how long it will last!
Welsh Vanners
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Chaussonman » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:47 pm

I have a 68 plate camper went to Ireland August 28 injector went down Friday Aug 30 transported back to camp site, AA Ford Assist provided car from the Sat. Stated would transport to dealer for repair on the Monday, but then told no dealer could fit us in before end of September decision made to transport us back to Wales on our original ferry 18th Sept to local dealer, which i had to arrange. Repair complete and camper returned 14 Oct . Used twice then up in London 400 miles later injector went again on 14 Nov. Transportation from Hampton Court took from 11:00 till 3 am the next morning. The dealer then said they couldn't diagnose problem because computer in limp mode. Complained to Ford customer relations asking a hire camper be provided, they waffled for a week then on 26Nov announced dealer had diagnosed problem as injector failure and asked the dealer to organise a hire camper and would get in touch within 24 hours.
They phoned at 12:00 to inform my camper was ready for collection. I wonder how long it will last this time and what happens about warranty. We have cancelled proposed trip to Spain in January and are now flying down and staying in an hotel.
This is the 3rd camper we have owned but more trouble with this one than the other 2 put together.
Chaussonman

Postby Nigel NYPD Yates » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:43 pm

My Custom Sport Auto failed on 1250 miles, injector x 1 changed, 2500 miles, recalled for all 4 injectors..... from the beginning the fuel economy has been shocking, 31mpg at best and over the Xmas period it was in the dealership for 2 weeks to sort a list of issues that I had, lack of power, intermittent revving, juddering whilst coasting, just plain poor performance.

I should be getting a phonemail for UKCRC group tomorrow, as I've asked for the van to be collected and a new one issued.

Wish me luck :lol: :lol:
Nigel NYPD Yates

Postby persian cat » Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:52 pm

Hello, does anyone know what version of ecoblue this most likely occurs with as this engine seems to come in 4 different power levels and the higher ones have different injectors.
persian cat
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Dan T » Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:11 pm

persian cat wrote:Hello, does anyone know what version of ecoblue this most likely occurs with as this engine seems to come in 4 different power levels and the higher ones have different injectors.

All Euro6 used same injectors, however there was a specific date range where injector issues were identified and recalled (02/19-06/19) from build June 19 onwards it was Euro 6.2 with different injectors.
Dan T
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Return to Transit Custom