*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Euro 6 Injector Fault - Article on Parkers Website

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Euro 6 Injector Fault - Article on Parkers Website

Postby Agriv8 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:16 am

Found this - too late for brother in law who has returned van to Ford - Not fit for purpose

https://www.parkers.co.uk/vans-pickups/news/2019/ford-ecoblue-diesel-injector-failure/

I think i will stick with my 2.2 DCiV Limited for a little longer !!

Regards

Agriv8
Agriv8
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Euro 6 Injector Fault - Article on Parkers Website

Postby loot » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:58 am

The faulty batch of injectors was installed between 25 February 2019 and 13 September 2019.
56 350 2.2 130ps mk7 with 2 side doors 8)
65 290 2.2 125ps custom with 2 side doors 8)
07 350 170ps
Ids v86 licence + v86.04 update + xprog here
Ids map here
loot
Site Moderator

Postby burchy35 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:58 am

My custom sport 2017 has been in the garage for 7 weeks now,
It's had 3 sets of injectors that kept failing. The fuel was finally inspected which resulted in finding contaminants like fine metal particles which looks like it has come from a main diesel failure which has been shafting the injectors then contaminated fuel returning to the tank.
So they are in the process of replacing the complete fuelling system, tank, lifter pump, main pump, all fuel lines, filter housing, injector rails, and probably more that I have forgotten.
The garage have been really helpful and have done everything to help with the inconvenience of it all and supplied me with a courtesy van while it's been diagnosed and fixed. But I think they can't wait to see the back of it.
All I can say is that I am glad it's still under warranty. But I have considered moving it on when it gets to 3 years old. You just don't know what other damage it could of caused to other parts like the bores, ect.

Just my little story of injector woes, but I do love the van and it hasn't put me off buying another ford, probably because the service care has been excellent in my experience.

Roy B
burchy35
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby davemfox » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:20 pm

Well my van failed on Monday (7th) due to the injectors.

My local dealer have been very helpful so far and I've got a courtesy vehicle whilst they try and sort it out.

Dave
2019 Transit Custom - DCIV, 170BHP, L2
1993 YZF 750SP
davemfox
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby long van man » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:14 pm

Hi guys. On the way home tonight from work the van decided to lose power and the service light came up on the dash again. I’ve had 2 sets of injectors already fitted and looks like it’s going to be 3rd time lucky. Van is undriveable at the moment as it hesitates so badly and loses power so not safe to drive. Have spoken to my ford garage and have been told they can’t get the van in until 7th of November to check the issues I’m in countering with the van. What a joke as I’m a sole trader and this is my only works van.
long van man
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby burchy35 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:10 pm

burchy35 wrote:My custom sport 2017 has been in the garage for 7 weeks now,
It's had 3 sets of injectors that kept failing. The fuel was finally inspected which resulted in finding contaminants like fine metal particles which looks like it has come from a main diesel failure which has been shafting the injectors then contaminated fuel returning to the tank.
So they are in the process of replacing the complete fuelling system, tank, lifter pump, main pump, all fuel lines, filter housing, injector rails, and probably more that I have forgotten.
The garage have been really helpful and have done everything to help with the inconvenience of it all and supplied me with a courtesy van while it's been diagnosed and fixed. But I think they can't wait to see the back of it.
All I can say is that I am glad it's still under warranty. But I have considered moving it on when it gets to 3 years old. You just don't know what other damage it could of caused to other parts like the bores, ect.

Just my little story of injector woes, but I do love the van and it hasn't put me off buying another ford, probably because the service care has been excellent in my experience.

Roy B

When I said I had a main diesel failure that was supposed to be main diesel PUMP failure. All I can say I am glad I didn't have to pay for any of the work. A good advantage of buying new with a warranty.
burchy35
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Return to Transit Custom