*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Ordering new custom

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Ordering new custom

Postby Mrmonsta » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:09 pm

Hello all, long time lurker, first time poster

I’ve had a 2013 (63) 125 panel van for a few years. She’s been bulletproof but clutch is a little heavy and I’ve developed tendinitis in my left knee. Figuring it’s time for a change, I popped into a couple of dealers to see about an auto. It appears they’re too new for a good choice on the used market so I looked into a factory order.

I’m looking at limited, L1H1, 300/320 series panel van, 170ps auto with a healthy options list;

Colour chrome blue
Headlights bi-xenon
Integrated roof rack
Ice pack 24
LED loadspace lighting
Twin AGM Cyclic Durable Batteries (HTCAF) - 2 x H7 80Ah, 800CCA
Conventional spare wheel
Rear view camera with trailer hitch assist
Adaptive Cruise Control (includes Lane Departure Warning, Pre-Collision Assist with Pedestrian Detection , Speed Sign Recognition, Auto High Beam Assist & Driver Impairment Monitor)
Driver alert
Lane keeping alert
Pre collision assist
Rear tailgate
Towbar

I’ve been quoted around 28500+vat by one dealer, 30500+vat by the other (starting prices)

My question is; has anyone else bought one in similar spec, what sort of price should I be aiming at from the dealer?
Mrmonsta

Re: Ordering new custom

Postby jdh1968 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:32 pm

Just got my Orange Glow, with a very similar spec to that. (300 L2H1 170 Limited with loads of options) Cost me £28,300 inc vat. (waited 6 months though) Used Autoebid. I dont recommend them, they were not good with communication. Had to constantly chase them every week. But the price was great. RRP from Ford Was 38K which is a joke of a price for a Van.
jdh1968

Re: Ordering new custom

Postby richbee » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:49 pm

Got mine from new car discount 2.5 years ago. Very pleased with the service and price.

They are currently showing around 29% off list price

https://www.new-car-discount.com/van/ford/transit-custom/crew-bus/all/automatic
richbee
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Transit Custom