*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Custom engine managemnt and traction

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Custom engine managemnt and traction

Postby bryera » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:08 pm

Hay guys the over day I got engine management light up and the traction control light up on my dash all at the same time. So I took it into the garage and was told I had a fault code of P042F and that the cable that's connects the abs and brake sensors was cut and that is the cable that go's off to the ECU. That's why it saying I have brake warning and NO hill assist on the trip computer. The garage I went to tolled me I was best going straight to ford with this problem witch is worrying me and making me think its a big job ? Dose anyone know what I would be looking at for something like this or can you shed a little bit more light on it if you know what it is and if its a easy or cheap job ?

The P042F witch come on at the same time I was tolled it was EGR fault and could just need cleaning out is that a cheap job to do ? I also asked on fakebook forum not long ago about I could smell fumes in the cab now and again could that be down to that?

Ones I have sorted out them jobs on the van was thinking about removing DPF as I have read its better for the engine I am aware of the complications when it come to MOT but would it be better for the vans health ?

It is a Ford Transit custom 2.2 euro 5
bryera

Re: Custom engine managemnt and traction

Postby Altransit » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:06 pm

Moved to Custom section.
1994 Mk4 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (R.I.P.)
1997 Mk5 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (Gone, but not forgotten!)
2004 Mk6 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.0 TDDi - Vantunered (Also gone)
2008 Mk7 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.2 TDCi - Also Vantunered
Altransit
Site Moderator

Postby conrod » Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:39 am

bryera wrote:Ones I have sorted out them jobs on the van was thinking about removing DPF as I have read its better for the engine I am aware of the complications when it come to MOT but would it be better for the vans health ?

Might be better for the vans health (although I doubt it) but it won't be better for your health and everyone else who is in the general vicinity of you! Google "soot particles diesel engines" :?
conrod
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby vespaloco » Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:46 pm

Just happened to my van,No power loss Just the 2 warning lights on dash.
vespaloco
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Transit Custom