*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

2018 Dciv transit custom - speed limited ?

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Re: 2018 Dciv transit custom - speed limited ?

Postby conrod » Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:58 am

actually... I asked them if I imported a new MS-RT from UK if the warranty would still be valid here - and they said no! This was from Ford NZ. I am not sure if they can refuse to stand by the warranty from a legal perspective...
conrod
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Mike » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:24 am

conrod wrote:I am not sure if they can refuse to stand by the warranty from a legal perspective...

Yes of course they can, it’s a modified vehicle. They warranty the van in the uk because they’ve done a deal with MS.
Mike
Wind up merchant!

Postby conrod » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:58 am

Mike wrote:
conrod wrote:I am not sure if they can refuse to stand by the warranty from a legal perspective...

Yes of course they can, it’s a modified vehicle. They warranty the van in the uk because they’ve done a deal with MS.

Nonsense! If you bolt a set of aftermarket wheels and a body kit on, and retrim the interior, you do not void the warranty on your van. Which is basically what MSRT do. So long as the modifications did not contribute to the failure, they must honour the warranty. Of course this would not cover the aftermarket parts.
conrod
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Mike » Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:39 am

conrod wrote:
Nonsense! If you bolt a set of aftermarket wheels and a body kit on, and retrim the interior, you do not void the warranty on your van. Which is basically what MSRT do. So long as the modifications did not contribute to the failure, they must honour the warranty. Of course this would not cover the aftermarket parts.

If you know the answer why ask the question? Anyway, you're wrong, the warranty only covers Europe :lol:
Mike
Wind up merchant!

Postby conrod » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:08 pm

Mike wrote:
conrod wrote:

If you know the answer why ask the question? Anyway, you're wrong, the warranty only covers Europe :lol:

I was asking if Ford NZ would have to honour a warranty of a new van sold in the UK. You are saying that Ford will not honour a warranty on an MSRT because it is modified. That is two separate issues. Did you skip comprehension classes at school? ;)

I believe Ford NZ does have to honour a warranty of a van sold new in the UK, because Ford is a global company, based in the USA. I know BMW NZ have to honour warranties for cars sold new in the UK. The warranty is not just a matter of courtesy, it is a legal obligation enforced by consumer law.
conrod
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Mike » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:22 pm

conrod wrote:
Mike wrote:
conrod wrote:

I was asking if Ford NZ would have to honour a warranty of a new van sold in the UK. You are saying that Ford will not honour a warranty on an MSRT because it is modified. That is two separate issues. Did you skip comprehension classes at school? ;)

I believe Ford NZ does have to honour a warranty of a van sold new in the UK, because Ford is a global company, based in the USA. I know BMW NZ have to honour warranties for cars sold new in the UK. The warranty is not just a matter of courtesy, it is a legal obligation enforced by consumer law.

You’ve done it again, and you wonder if I slipped comprehension :lol:
Mike
Wind up merchant!

Postby conrod » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:33 pm

Mike wrote:
conrod wrote:
Did you skip comprehension classes at school? ;)

You’ve done it again, and you wonder if I slipped comprehension :lol:

Looks like you "slipped" reading classes too :lol:
conrod
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby bambi mk 1 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:38 pm

They will most likley be treated as grey imports and there will be sfa warranty :wink:
On the sixth day God created a Sprinter on the seventh he gave it away and bought a TRANSIT
bambi mk 1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Mike » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:01 pm

conrod wrote:First you asked us
I was asking if Ford NZ would have to honour a warranty of a new van sold in the UK.
Then you gave us your opinion
I believe Ford NZ does have to honour a warranty of a van sold new in the UK....
The you said it was fact
The warranty is not just a matter of courtesy, it is a legal obligation enforced by consumer law.

Why not look on the Ford website, the warranty details will be there and you'll know for sure what the facts are. Surely that's dead simple for someone who had such an incredible education.

Or you could try the Kiwi Ford Transit owners forum instead of the UK one, they'll have a better idea of Kiwi law than we do :wink:
Mike
Wind up merchant!

Postby conrod » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:07 pm

Mike wrote:Why not look on the Ford website, the warranty details will be there and you'll know for sure what the facts are. Surely that's dead simple for someone who had such an incredible education.

Or you could try the Kiwi Ford Transit owners forum instead of the UK one, they'll have a better idea of Kiwi law than we do :wink:

Did you bother look on the Ford website before posting that up? No, I didn't think so, because it is not there! ;)

What's the matter, don't like getting a bit of stick from a Kiwi? ;)
conrod
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Mike » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:22 pm

conrod wrote:
Did you bother look on the Ford website before posting that up? No, I didn't think so, because it is not there! ;)

I had a quick look Mr Wonder :wink:

And I have no issue with getting stick from anyone, if you can't take it etc etc

Anyway, if anyone's actually interested, https://www.ford.co.nz/content/dam/Ford ... 200718.pdf
Mike
Wind up merchant!

Postby conrod » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:00 pm

Mike wrote:
conrod wrote:

I had a quick look Mr Wonder :wink:

And I have no issue with getting stick from anyone, if you can't take it etc etc

Anyway, if anyone's actually interested, https://www.ford.co.nz/content/dam/Ford ... 200718.pdf

thanks for the link. Paragraph 10 explains it all really, nothing more to add! ;)

10. Will the Ford Vehicle Warranty be excluded if I have the Vehicle
modified and the Modification does not adversely affect any Part of
the Vehicle?

No. However, Ford does not warrant the workmanship of, nor any material, Part,
component, assembly, equipment or accessory (unless such material, Part,
component, assembly, equipment or accessory has been supplied or approved by Ford
for the purpose) used in, nor any defect caused by, or attributable to, or to the use of,
any Modification not carried out by, or at the direction of, Ford. For example, if the
Vehicle has been converted for the use of Liquid Petroleum Gas, Ford does not warrant
the conversion nor the workmanship of the conversion nor any material, part,
component, assembly, equipment or accessory used in the conversion (unless such
material, part, component, assembly, equipment or accessory has been supplied and
approved by Ford for use in the conversion) nor any defect in any Part of the Vehicle
which results from or is attributable to, or to the use of, the conversion, but otherwise
the Ford Vehicle Warranty will continue to apply with respect to the Vehicle during the
Ford Vehicle Warranty Period.
conrod
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Mike » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:49 pm

conrod wrote:[

thanks for the link. Paragraph 10 explains it all really, nothing more to add! ;)

the Vehicle?

N

:lol: bloody retard, I post the info and you still can't find it. Try again :wink:

ETA: It's not even your thread is it, I'm all done with helping you, you're on your own now.
Mike
Wind up merchant!

Postby conrod » Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:30 am

Mike wrote:
conrod wrote:[

the Vehicle?

N

:lol: bloody retard, I post the info and you still can't find it. Try again :wink:

ETA: It's not even your thread is it, I'm all done with helping you, you're on your own now.

1. no it's not my thread
2. what help, you are no help! Never have been on any thread you respond to for that matter :roll:
3. resorting to name calling now? What's the matter Mikey wikey, have I upset you? better run off and cry somewhere else :lol:
4. If you can't take a bit of stick, then maybe you should be so quick to dish it out! :wink:
conrod
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby grantm » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:48 am

I did ask Ford NZ if they support the warranty of a vehicle sold new in England - and the answer was NO they would not - and Im talking a STD van not an MSRT one ....so I also need to find out from a legal point of view if Ford, as an international company can refuse in one country to warranty the vehicle just because its been registered new in another country...if anyone has already fought this battle Id be interested to hear ? Expecially as Ford NZ have refused to take an order for a vehicle they COULD have sold new here but refused to accept an order for one.
The Sales manager at Avon City Ford they would sell me an aftermarket warranty - but reading through the document, its a bloody costly warranty that was full of exclusions, and really only covered a major blow up...which is unlikely given that I look after my engines and powertrains
grantm

PreviousNext

Return to Transit Custom