*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Sport rep parts

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Sport rep parts

Postby caddy1210@ » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:55 pm

Hi people, I hope all is well.
New to the forum so in need of much needed advice.
I have a mk8 no thrills base model in white that has been brilliant in the time that I’ve had it.
I’m not really into modified cars etc but I’ve always thought the sport looks brilliant and very smart not over the top for a van.
So after speaking to mate that own body shops I’ve started looking into converting mine so with that I have a few questions.
Is the front bumper just a trend/limited model bumper with a splitter on.
I have bought two new genuine skirts, does anybody have any part number for the end caps and clips/mounting.
I’m guessing the rear bumper is the same as a trend/limited bumper.
Are the rear corners the same as it looks like the sport has a extension but the limited has this built it.
Has anyone any info on the arch trim bits.
Thanks
caddy1210@

Re: Sport rep parts

Postby Jackanson » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:20 pm

Hi, no the front bumper is different from the other models - it is moulded at the sides to take the wheel arch extensions. The rear quarters are different as well for the same reason, although the middle section bumper is the same on all models. Best have a look on the web - plenty companies doing nice plastic parts for Customs. Ford oem sports parts are really expensive.
Jackanson
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby woodbutcherbower » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:46 pm

Hi mate and welcome,

If you want to be 100% authentic, the pre-facelift Sport also has a chrome trim along the front bezel which runs in line with the Ford badge. You can get nice lookalike self-adhesive ones on Ebay. Just put 'Transit Custom styling' into the search box. Also - if you go down the aftermarket, non-OEM route, there's some really terrible quality fibreglass junk out there. Spend the extra and get proper polyurethane mouldings which usually fit very well, they look great when sprayed, and can usually be fixed on with Tigerseal. I'm sure your bodyshop mate will agree and advise.

But please - draw a line and don't put the gay stripes on the bonnet. I had the dealer take them off my Sport before delivery :lol:

All the best and we all look forward to seeing your photos of the finished article 8)
woodbutcherbower
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby caddy1210@ » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:16 pm

Thanks for the reply.
Ah man not good news with the front then, was hoping to save a few quid there, ford said £200 + vat on Friday just on the lower bumper section, so I’ll double check if it was for a sport like mentioned and get it ordered, they got me worried with no front splitter on there system so I got a genuine used one this afternoon. Not sure I can stomach the £300 price per corner on the arch extensions so I might have to wait till one gets broken or go the poly route with them if anybody knows a good company to buy them from.
Stripes certainly look ok on the gt40 but they can keep them.
Most certainly with the chrome, I really do need to have a good look at a sport one day, just annoying there always on the move.
Was the door/top spoiler a factory optional extra.
caddy1210@

Postby woodbutcherbower » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:10 pm

caddy1210@ wrote:Thanks for the reply.
Ah man not good news with the front then, was hoping to save a few quid there, ford said £200 + vat on Friday just on the lower bumper section, so I’ll double check if it was for a sport like mentioned and get it ordered, they got me worried with no front splitter on there system so I got a genuine used one this afternoon. Not sure I can stomach the £300 price per corner on the arch extensions so I might have to wait till one gets broken or go the poly route with them if anybody knows a good company to buy them from.
Stripes certainly look ok on the gt40 but they can keep them.
Most certainly with the chrome, I really do need to have a good look at a sport one day, just annoying there always on the move.
Was the door/top spoiler a factory optional extra.

I don't think the rear spoiler was ever a factory option - I got mine from Vanstyle on Ebay, it was a 100% perfect fit. They come in the raw so they need a paintjob;

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-TRANSIT ... Sw~P5dnz-k

As far as getting up close and personal, I'm in Derbyshire so if you're anywhere near, I'd be happy for you to crawl all over mine and take some pics. Failing that, I'm going up to the West Coast of Scotland to visit my daughter between the 12th and 15th - I'll be going M1/A1 North up to Scotch Corner, then A66 across to Penrith, then up the top end of the M6 onto the M74. If you're anywhere along that route give me a shout back and we'll meet up at a services.
woodbutcherbower
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Jackanson » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:32 am

Attached this on another post - hate the Sport comes with same wheel as other models so got one made - another thing to think about?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jackanson
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby caddy1210@ » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:33 pm

The spoiler should certainly look good but how big does it look on the van. That would of been cool but but I live in kent/south London so where probably as far apart as possible.
I did see a white sport with no stripes on go past my work today, they just look so clean and cool.
10/10 for the steering wheel, I drove a 69 plate trend the other day and thought the wheel was brilliant, so I would hate to think of you trying my pre-facelift base model wheel.
caddy1210@

Postby woodbutcherbower » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:37 am

It's not big and not 'boy-racer' at all. Quite subtle in fact, looks like its always been there..
woodbutcherbower
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby caddy1210@ » Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:59 pm

That sounds perfect I certainly need to get one of them.
caddy1210@

Return to Transit Custom