*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Transit single passenger to twin conversion

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Transit single passenger to twin conversion

Postby Gates » Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:53 pm

Hi guys,

I'm looking to fit a twin front seat replacing the single seat the 2019 Tourneo came with, so we can carry an extra passenger.

Has anyone else done this? I'm just wondering if the extra bolt holes are in the floor to fit the longer seat frame? (Fingers crossed)

Cheers all!

G
Gates

Re: Transit single passenger to twin conversion

Postby dumper » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:33 pm

I’ve seen posts on the forum swooping double to single on the custom the big transit had all the bolt holes in the floor pan unless someone comes on and definitely knows lift the carpet up and have a look .
single passenger seats are always sort after you may find someone to do a swoop or sell it for a good price if you get it sorted don’t forget to inform your insurance company
MK 8 L4 H3 Motorsport campervan
Past camper vans
1974 mk1 v4 with 2.0 pinto fitted
1986 mk3 2.5 di swb
1990 190 lwb 2.5 di
1998 100 lwb 2.5 di
2006 350 jumbo 135 tdci
dumper
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Gates » Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:52 am

Thanks @Dumper, much appreciated.
Gates

Postby Fred-W » Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:07 am

Ford Transit Custom DCiV SWB Limited 290 L1 2.2 TDCi 125PS
Fred-W
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Gates » Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:18 am

Fred-W wrote:try this link:
viewtopic.php?f=65&t=157338&start=15

Absolute legend! Thank you, exactly what I was after
Gates

Postby Poke » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:37 pm

I'm in the market for a SWB Tourneo Custom with 8 seats. Struggling to even find a SWB tourneo which fits the spec we're after, so opening up the search to a 9 seater may help matters. Could be up for swapping seats if we eventually end up with a 9 seater. Where are you based? How soon are you looking to swap?
Poke

Postby thedugmaster » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:31 am

Poke wrote:I'm in the market for a SWB Tourneo Custom with 8 seats. Struggling to even find a SWB tourneo which fits the spec we're after, so opening up the search to a 9 seater may help matters. Could be up for swapping seats if we eventually end up with a 9 seater. Where are you based? How soon are you looking to swap?
I had the same problem when I bought mine 5 years ago. I opted for a 9 seater 155 SWB in the end but in hindsight I'd have gone for a 125hp and had it remapped, which I did anyway. I did the conversion from 9 to 8 seats in mine a couple of years back, best thing I ever did.

If you joined the Custom Owners Group on FB there's a guy on there sells single seats that they take out of taxi and camper conversions. I got mine from him for £400 then offset that by selling my double on Fleabay for £250.

By the way, the insurance is so much more reasonable on the 8 compared to the 9, but you probably already know that.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
thedugmaster
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Cuffscds » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:21 pm

Hi was just wondering if you sourced your twin seat for your transit custom as I am trying to source a single instead of my twin seat, I have a twin seat in excellent condition if you were interested.
Cuffscds

Postby LilacRoller » Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:59 pm

As Cuffscds, looking to swap my excellent condition 2015 double passenger seat for single (heated).
LilacRoller

Postby Scoops » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:31 pm

thedugmaster wrote:
Poke wrote:I'm in the market for a SWB Tourneo Custom with 8 seats. Struggling to even find a SWB tourneo which fits the spec we're after, so opening up the search to a 9 seater may help matters. Could be up for swapping seats if we eventually end up with a 9 seater. Where are you based? How soon are you looking to swap?
I had the same problem when I bought mine 5 years ago. I opted for a 9 seater 155 SWB in the end but in hindsight I'd have gone for a 125hp and had it remapped, which I did anyway. I did the conversion from 9 to 8 seats in mine a couple of years back, best thing I ever did.

If you joined the Custom Owners Group on FB there's a guy on there sells single seats that they take out of taxi and camper conversions. I got mine from him for £400 then offset that by selling my double on Fleabay for £250.

By the way, the insurance is so much more reasonable on the 8 compared to the 9, but you probably already know that.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

I did this a couple of years ago in a Custom Double Cab - can I ask what you did with the front carpet as is no longer fits the single seat, where the double seat used to be and needs tidying up?
Scoops

Return to Transit Custom