*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Dare these buy Custom 2,2

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Dare these buy Custom 2,2

Postby Juulia » Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:38 pm

Hello everybody
I am new member from Finland who has not yet Transit Custom.It is good looking car and i want it :roll:
Planning buy van but when i followed forums i have begun to fear the modern diesels durability.
Is this same motor which is in boxer and jumper PSA motor?
Which one is the most durable or is it all equally bad?
2,2 2008-2014 no DPF i think
2,2 2013-2016 with DPF i think
2,0 ecoblue 2016-present
I know that every brand has its own problems but old ones were driven more than just the warranty period.
Maybe Sprinter 2,1 or Ducato 2,3 is durable?or not..same problem with injectors and oil sump sediment
I buy van for private use that i can carry my motorcycle on european trips.It can be an older models as long as it is durable.
Sorry my language i write with google translator :D
Best Regards
Juulia
Juulia

Re: Dare these buy Custom 2,2

Postby woodbutcherbower » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:00 pm

Hei Juulia ja tervetuloa.

Ongelma, jonka löydät aina mistä tahansa foorumista, on se, että ihmiset laativat raportteja vain silloin, kun heillä on ongelma. Ihmiset, joilla on luotettavat pakettiautot ilman ongelmia, eivät sano mitään. Täällä Yhdistyneessä kuningaskunnassa - jos ajat millä tahansa tiellä tai moottoritiellä - huomaat, että kaikki muut täällä olevat pakettiautot ovat kauttakulkua, niitä on kymmeniä tuhansia, se on Ison-Britannian myydyin pakettiauto. Neuvoni olisi - älä ajattele tätä liikaa, älä huoli ja osta hyvä pakettiauto, jolla on hyvä huoltohistoria - ja mieluiten sellainen, jossa öljynvaihto on ollut erittäin säännöllistä. Oma 2013 2.2? 180 000 km ilman ongelmia. Oma 2017 2.0? Tällä hetkellä 50 000 km ilman ongelmia.

Toivottaen

And for the Brits -

Hello Juulia and welcome. You will always find on any forum is that people only post when they have a problem. The people who have reliable vans with no problems don't say anything. But here in the UK - if you drive on any road, any motorway - you will see that every other van you see is a Transit Custom, there are tens of thousands of them, it's the biggest-selling van in the UK. My advice would be - don't over-think this, don't worry and buy a good van with a good service history - and preferably one which has had very regular oil changes. My 2013 2.2? 180,000km with no problems. My 2017 2.0? Currently 50,000 km with no problems.

Best wishes
woodbutcherbower
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Transit Custom