*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

parts diagrams

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

parts diagrams

Postby John webbo » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:22 pm

Is there a source of these other than the 7zap site ?
I'm looking for bits for my 2019 van, and the 7zap site doesnt show any of the interior trim for post facelift models.

I've been in the dealers and whilst they will look up some parts, they won't print out the diagram or associated list of bits (I took a picture with my phone, but not ideal).
I want to get my list together then go order them, not spend ages of their time browsing

Any alternatives graetfully received :)
2019 Custom Sport DCIV. Landed and loving it
John webbo
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: parts diagrams

Postby thedugmaster » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:25 am

Yes, you can pay Ford for access to their systems as an independent if you want.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
thedugmaster
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby gregd72002 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:07 pm

It is called FordECAT. You can usually find the app on the dark corner of the web (if you dont want to pay Ford) but I doubt you will get anything for 2019. It is too new.
Might be worth ringing Ford parts department.
gregd72002
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby John webbo » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:24 pm

Thank you.
I used the 7zap diagrams to get older part numbers where possible, or at least roughly what diagram they were on, and then spent 3 lunch times in the dealers getting the right part numbers for my van :lol:
The parts guy is now my new best mate :mrgreen:

Incidentally, speaking to the parts manager in the dealers, she was not happy to allow me to browse the diagrams without a registration, no idea why. Surely a sale is a sale...
John webbo
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby thedugmaster » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:44 pm

John webbo wrote:Thank you.
I used the 7zap diagrams to get older part numbers where possible, or at least roughly what diagram they were on, and then spent 3 lunch times in the dealers getting the right part numbers for my van

Incidentally, speaking to the parts manager in the dealers, she was not happy to allow me to browse the diagrams without a registration, no idea why. Surely a sale is a sale...
Probably because they pay for the privilege and don't want you using their system to source parts from elsewhere.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
thedugmaster
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby John webbo » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:23 pm

thedugmaster wrote:
John webbo wrote:Incidentally, speaking to the parts manager in the dealers, she was not happy to allow me to browse the diagrams without a registration, no idea why. Surely a sale is a sale...
Probably because they pay for the privilege and don't want you using their system to source parts from elsewhere.

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I can see that, if that is what I had intended.
I was actually there to determine the numbers and place the order for the parts, which I subsequently did.
John webbo
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Dan T » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:05 pm

John webbo wrote:Thank you.
I used the 7zap diagrams to get older part numbers where possible, or at least roughly what diagram they were on, and then spent 3 lunch times in the dealers getting the right part numbers for my van :lol:

The reg/chassis no filters the part no’s down to the correct ones fitted. Manual selection will show all fitted parts to that model, which can vary a lot !
They’re probably not clued up enough to run without the filter on and not comfortable ordering stuff in case you decide you no longer want it.
If you’re struggling give me a shout, I’ve got full Ecat access and have a clue how to use it :lol:
Dan T
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby John webbo » Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:18 pm

Thank you Dan, that will be a great help. I will send you a PM/

I've left them alone for a few days, waiting for the current bits to arrive before I try again :roll: :lol:
John webbo
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Transit Custom