*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Injector issues

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Injector issues

Postby finnie » Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:02 am

Hi I'm on the hunt for a transit custom to use as a daily driver. In an ideal world i'd like the facelift version but not sure my budget is good enough.

I'm reading all about the injector issues but this forum seems relatively quiet about it. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place.

Is the fault limited to a certain year, is there anything specific to look to have been done, i.e recall? Should I buy approved used for warranty or so I just save my cash and buy a 1st gen 2.2?

Thanks
finnie
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Injector issues

Postby S60r » Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:25 am

Hi.

It’s certainly not quiet on here.... there are many threads and issues with injectors. Have a good search on here.

I believe I have a fault on my 2018. It drives perfectly 99% of the time but up hill at motorway speeds it will start playing up. All other types of driving are fine. It goes into Ford and they find no faults and declare that it is fine. No warning lights, limp mode or stored codes, very frustrating. As it does it every day.
The way Ford work with their warranty work is not good, I will end up solving it myself probably.

I have had both the 2.2 and the 2.0 and can tell you the 2.2 is not as good. It’s very unrefined and being euro 5 I would avoid it if you are planning to travel into any cities and will keep the vehicle for a few years..... euro 5 will be very unwanted as time goes on.

The issue is restricted to certain build dates and serial numbers of injectors apparently.... it’s all on another thread on here.

Even with the issues, I would go for the newer panther engine over the 2.2.
S60r
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby finnie » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:51 am

I've just found a few threads now mostly from 2019. Has the situation improved now? I love the look but want reliability. I am sure this will be hated here but 8m wondering if an older t5 to t6 would be a safer bet
finnie
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby S60r » Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:44 pm

All vehicles (including t5 and t6) have their own issues....

Remember you will only see the issues and problems when researching. No one writes in saying they are delighted and have had no problems with any vehicle!

I know of 2 t5 owners who I work with that had to have recon engines inside 40k.... you’ll get more for your money away from VW and merc.

At the end of the day it’s a choice we all make..... it’s totally subjective.
S60r
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Frag » Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:56 pm

Personally
I’d go for the best lowest mileage 2.2 I could find.....
If you must buy a 2.0, make sure it has warranty.....
Frag
Ford Technician

Postby bambi mk 1 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:39 pm

Frag wrote:Personally
If you must buy a 2.0, make sure it has lifetime warranty.....

FIFY Frag :wink:
On the sixth day God created a Sprinter on the seventh he gave it away and bought a TRANSIT
bambi mk 1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Frag » Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:24 pm

bambi mk 1 wrote:
Frag wrote:Personally
If you must buy a 2.0, make sure it has lifetime warranty.....

FIFY Frag :wink:

Agreed :)
Frag
Ford Technician

Postby finnie » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:57 pm

2.2 is definitely a consideration.euro 6 not a problem really as I live in the country, city travel will be rare

With tue2.0 I see lots of incidents seem to relate to 5000 mile or less vans. So is a higher mileage a better bet?

In general do the vans cope well with mileage.
finnie
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby BHM » Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:12 am

finnie wrote:2.2 is definitely a consideration.euro 6 not a problem really as I live in the country, city travel will be rare

With tue2.0 I see lots of incidents seem to relate to 5000 mile or less vans. So is a higher mileage a better bet?

In general do the vans cope well with mileage.

Right up till the belt breaks... :roll:

BHM
BHM
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Transit Custom