*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Looking to buy~2018 Tourneo - any good tips what to look for

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Looking to buy~2018 Tourneo - any good tips what to look for

Postby T5NEL » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:10 pm

Hi All,

Due to ever expanding family I am considering shopping in my seven seater and getting a 2nd hand Tourneo Custom Titanium X with 8 seats.

I have a couple of noob questions but would appreciate any help

1) Is there anything to look out for in particular with these (I have read about injector issues, and water ingress) and is it something that you can easily check quickly when viewing a vehicle
2) Is there any reason to NOT go for a LWB / L2 ? I do like the look of the extra boot space you get I think the seat spicing stays the same though. I have a big drive and work has a big car park / we have a small car for shopping etc.

In terms of usage it will do some commutes, day trips, family trips and holidays.

We will be a family of 6 and have two dogs so travelling anywhere needs a big car and if overnight or on holiday it is a nightmare hence the 'van' idea.

I was hoping to make the Tourneo into a bit of a day van as well (awning, maybe a removable camping pod with a gas hob, inverter and possibly even a folding bed.

Any feedback welcome and any recommendations for day van stuff that fits / works well in a Tourneo would be great.

Thanks
Tim
T5NEL

Re: Looking to buy~2018 Tourneo - any good tips what to look

Postby douglasmcbeath136 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:49 am

Hi, had older 13 plate tourneo custom which was IMO trash. But changed for newer model 68 plate 2.0 ecoblue titanium LWB 9 seat. What a difference. Lovely smooth and more economical. About 35mpg ish. Rear seats can be turned to face each other so kids have a ball. Ours is just family car, holidays, caravan. It is the best. I love it. Mine is black which wasn't my first choice but it grew on me. Looks fab when polished up. LWB boot is defo a must. Dog cage, shopping, camping gear etc, etc. Trips to dump - seats out, job done. I am a fan.

Sent from my Mi 9 SE using Tapatalk
douglasmcbeath136
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby T5NEL » Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:01 am

Thanks,

that is helpful. Our use would definitely lean towards 'car' type use. I just dont think that even the biggest 7 seat cars are actually large enough for all eventualities.

I am going to start looking for a deal - feels like a weird time to be buying a car though.

Tim
T5NEL

Postby douglasmcbeath136 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:55 am

Got mine from Commercial Trade Vehicles in Bilston. Was a bit worried travelling so far but they're a nice bunch. My van is good. No hidden issues. Was low mileage ex lease. Have a look an see what they've got.
douglasmcbeath136
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Transit Custom