*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Reversing Camera Fault

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Reversing Camera Fault

Postby Jamesg5206 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:47 pm

My 17 plate custom reversing camera has developed a fault. When selecting reverse the camera comes on but the picture is very dark. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be and how to fix it?
Transit Custom 125 Trend SWB Panther Black 2014-2017 Transit Tourneo Custom 185 Agate Black Titanium X LWB 2019-
Transit Tourneo Custom 155 Titanium LWB Panther Back 2015-2019
Transit Custom 170 Limited SWB Shadow Black 2017-
Jamesg5206
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Reversing Camera Fault

Postby Shay34 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:15 pm

This might not be the answer James wants, but going by my experience people looking for 'all things reversing camera' will happen on this so I'll share my experience. Recently while converting a Custom to a campervan I decided while she was pulled apart would be a good time to fit a camera. I had noted that the storage box above the steering wheel has a cigarette lighter plug in. Since there is also another on the dash I didn't really need this one. Then I happened on a camera which had dual power potential - reverse light and cigarette lighter plug. As it happened I had difficulty locating the reverse light wire (was up to my neck with conversion) so happy days! I requisitioned the redundant socket for my camera. The beauty of this little beastie is the fact it has a switch on top of the plug that goes in the cigarette lighter. So all is hidden away with the excess wire in the compartment and just lift the lid when you need to switch it on /off. I find sometimes I don't need the reverse camera for reversing and other times I just want to see something at the back. Now I decide. Had planned to get back to reverse light connection but now I don't think I'll bother. Although this camera is reasonably priced I got extra discount on a special with my free Amazon Prime trial ( great when doing camper conversion!!) AND the company emailed me to say they would refund a further £5 when I posted a review. Oh, most important- it's a great camera, very clear, with reverse lines you can opt to remove. By the way, I brought the wire at the back through the factory rubber wire conduit and up along the rear door (before I lined it); then out through the auxiliary braking light at top of door where I attached the camera. (of course I started wiring at the camera end.). I've got a lot of help from posters so that's why I'm taking the trouble to share.
AUTO-VOX Upgrade M1PRO Reversing Camera HD Backup Camera Two Wire Easy Connection for Reverse/Observation, IP68 Waterproof Rearview Camera with 6 LED
Shay34

Re: Reversing Camera Fault

Postby seikokid » Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:36 am

i have same issue on 2 vans - i think it’s the camera itself in the back door needs replacing
seikokid
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Transit Custom