*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Ford custom heater problem

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Transit custom 16 plate Heater fan

Postby Tallulah15 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:54 pm

Hi Guys ,

New to the site and was just wondering weather you have come across the problem I have with my recently brought Custom on a 16 plate .

The problem I have is that the temperature gauge has a mind if it’s own , goes up when I accelerate then back down all very intermittent. However on the back of that ( and I’m not sure if the problem is related ) every so often the abs skid light comes on and the temperature gauge goes right off the scale and the heater fan comes on . With this it also says hill start assist not avaliable. If I stop the van and start it up
Again it clears and all Back to normal . Any ideas ??

Cheers in advance
Tallulah15

Re: Transit custom 16 plate Heater fan

Postby APW » Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:55 pm

The temperature Gauge issue could possibly be related to the thermostat housing, It’s a known issue.
viewtopic.php?f=65&t=201070&c=1
APW
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Ford custom heater problem

Postby Tallulah15 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:57 pm

I have been told that maybe changing the thermostat and housing ( which includes a sensor) may be the answer. Would this also explain the abs light problem ?
Tallulah15

Re: Ford custom heater problem

Postby topshelf » Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:56 am

It might be related but I had no engine temperature showing on the dash, and the van heaters were cold, the hill start light would flash and another light cant remember what is was. through google and this forum I took a gamble on the thermostat, but it was well to change all the housing complete don't think it was that much as a genuine part. any how it restored the heater part and no more lights.
topshelf
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Transit Custom