*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

2020Custom Limited.

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

2020Custom Limited.

Postby thSman » Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:50 pm

Hi Lads,
I'm new here but not new to forums of this sort for help and advice.

I need to get a new commercial vehicle as my CH with Vanarama for my Nissan Navara tekna has finished and I'm on monthlys till I find something suitable

I'm a subby to a subby Sparky and carry some tools but not loads but will have to do more of my own found work come April for IR35.Still just the odd job or Inspection and Testing so still not loads of gear as my main work will still be regular subbying.

I like the look of the Limited's that have been pimped with the Kits and the wheels that are quite commonplace, there is also a look-a-like Custom Sport kit that some do and with 18's or 20's look great IMO and the lowering leaf spring some of them fit makes it sit better.

I'm after a 170 as some say the 130 lacks some (your thoughts) ?, most of these lease companies that do there own Sport van tend to just carry 130s so I've been struggling a bit.It may have to be a factory build so what upgrades do you recommend ? I've read the post on the Sport upgrades by the way.

The after market security issue hook locks and more secure drivers door lock are going to be £500+ fitted to, any body done these themselves ?

I've had a good CH quote for a Ranger Wildtrack with solid sided hard top, sliding bed tray( makes getting to the back of the bad easier) New alloys, AT tyres and arch flares, this is where my heart is but my head says the van is more practical and they are really well specced these days. Wild track will be less tempting to break in also IMO.

I did try for an MSRT Connect as this fits the size and kerb appeal but I got knocked back by there finance, they must need top teir borrowers I think.

I'd be getting the modified Limited on finance lease so I'm ok with adding to it throughout my finance agreement as I'd be selling it when the term is up, hopefully making it more sellable with a better resale value ( IMO )

I've had insurance quotes for both with all mods disclosed so no problem there.

Just your thoughts please men .

Cheers
thSman
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: 2020Custom Limited.

Postby thSman » Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:43 pm

Ps. the Ford Connect Sport looks a bit lame incase anyone suggests it.

Cheers
thSman
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Jay2018 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:05 pm

You're in the right place mate. Welcome to the forum!

Do you need a Custom or a Connect? Which vehicle would be your ideal size?
2012 MK7 Transit Trend 125 T350 6 SPD FWD MWB MR (Frozen White) :D
2010 MK7 Transit Jumbo 100 - SOLD :(
Galant VR4 8th Gen Type S(TT), 300ZX(TT) + S14A(T), Supra MK3(T), Golf MK4 1.8(T), GS300 & Civic EG9 VTI (ALL SOLD)
Jay2018
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Re: 2020Custom Limite

Postby S60r » Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:29 am

The Ranger is a farm vehicle.... even the ms rt with all the toys is like driving a tractor... I really would avoid the Ranger. The custom drives better and especially so with a remap.... but just get the 170 from the get go and I’m sure you’ll be fine.

I had a pick up between my 2 customs.... never again! They make little sense as a working vehicle.

Good luck with your search.
S60r
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby thSman » Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:36 pm

Didnt realise I had some replies !

Thanks for your replies, I'm going to get a 185 Sport if the Ford finance goes through. The price is cheaper than the (aftermarket) modified limited I was going to get.
thSman
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Dave993T4 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:29 pm

Im currently looking for a Transit Sport, have my eye on 2 at the mo.

Used to own a T5, just sold my Hilux.

Think the Ford Custom Sport look better than the T5`S and drive better apparently.

Looking forward to buying one, my first ford van ever.
Dave993T4

Return to Transit Custom