*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Transit custom mudflaps (specifically sport)

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Re: Transit custom mudflaps (specifically sport)

Postby Youngzy92 » Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:24 pm

Hi, I know this was over a year ago but I have just picked up my brand new custom sport, just driving on a wet road and could hear all the stones from the 18 inch wheels hitting the door, I never had this issue on my limited custom, and like everyone is saying I don’t fancy having the paintwork battered by stones as I will do around 30k a year.

Just wanted to ask what is required to for the rally flapz, what has to be drilled and so on but worried that I will have to drill into the body kit and stuff. Any info would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Youngzy92

Postby Klunker » Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:28 am

In my experi3nce, the front ones went on perfectly. No issues.
The back, there was a gap that would have been left with the new models trim changes. There is a recess where the standard spray guards go, and if you remove them, the RallyFlapz would need to step into that gap to sit flush, and they are just too thick to do so.

I used the trim line as a guide, and cut the original spray flap, leaving the outer edge on. I then folded this edge into the remaining part of the spray flap, and bonded it to the new edge. Effectively this uses the existing spray flap as a spacer, then the rallyflapz sit flush.
Klunker
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby j3oon » Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:02 am

Hi everyone, I also have the custom sport and looking at the rallyflapz do they need much modification to fit the sport?
j3oon

Previous

Return to Transit Custom