*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

It finally arrived... (Sport) + questions

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Re: It finally arrived... (Sport) + questions

Postby woodbutcherbower » Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:57 pm

S60r wrote:
Lovely set of toolage it is...but the Makita choppy? Let’s the entire van down....in fact the entire forum. Did you just put it there to remind yourself how good the rest of the tools are?? At least it has the dewalt clamps on it. :D :D

That little Makita is for second fix and trim work in places where there isn't enough room to swing a cat, or jobs where lots of stairs are involved :D It's actually a brilliant little machine, super-accurate, really well built, and it can be carried with one hand. It was the best quality 190mm machine I could find anywhere - and I looked at absolutely loads. The big DW780 is brilliant, but weighs about the same as the van. I've also got a teal-blue-with-white-logo 4" belt sander (a beast), a quarter-inch router (best I've ever used) and a biscuit jointer - all over 10 years old and still going strong. Their tools aren't the last word in finesse, but they're functional, well-made - and utterly reliable.
woodbutcherbower
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby J.J McDuff » Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:48 am

Before and after...

Had the cargo area lined with acoustic panelling, mass liner (roof and floor in cabin, acoustic panelling on walls, stretchy carpet over everything) ... Decided a two-tone look would not close it in too much. Has made a noticeable difference in cargo and cabin.

Shelving is next, going to a low profile and simple approach so as to leave plenty of space for when it is used as a camper. ImageImageImageImage
J.J McDuff
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby woodbutcherbower » Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:38 pm

Looks great, J.J. !!
woodbutcherbower
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby CRM » Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:39 am

i would like to know the plans to lower it.
i would love my L1H1 sport to be around 4" lower at the back to make it easier to roll stuff up a ramp.
CRM
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby J.J McDuff » Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:03 pm

woodbutcherbower wrote:Looks great, J.J. !!
Thanks @woodbutcherbower. Has made it rather cosy. Have just done a test run with my shelving this weekend. Can still fit a inflatable double mattress in the back, and have enough room for my Pooch's bed whenever needed.

Will post more as things progress.
J.J McDuff
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby J.J McDuff » Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:08 pm

CRM wrote:i would like to know the plans to lower it.
i would love my L1H1 sport to be around 4" lower at the back to make it easier to roll stuff up a ramp.
4 inches? That's a decent amount. I'd probably be looking at air suspension if wanting to lower it that much.

I was looking at the Bilstein rear leaf springs that drop it approximately 40mm, getting it to around the 2 metre mark for car parks when I live. It's not urgent at the moment so I am not prioritising it.
J.J McDuff
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby J.J McDuff » Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:31 am

Decided to start picking around the pre fuse box in my spare time (yes, I need a life), and came across something odd. The layout and fuses for the Pre Fuse Box (the one under the driver's seat) seems a bit different to the fuse diagrams of the 2020 custom. I'm looking for the 'auxiliary power point 1 & 2', but they appear to be completely missing. Either that or my vision is up the creek.

There are two fuses that are not in use. One 60A plug in and the other a 150A, but going off the fuse numbers and the only diagram I have, they are for 'camper' and 'passenger compartment fuse box'. Obviously the passenger compartment fuse box is working so the layout must have changed, just wondering if the 60A and 150A that aren't in use are now the auxiliary power points...

Has anyone here discovered something similar? ImageImageImage
J.J McDuff
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Previous

Return to Transit Custom