*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

2017 ford transit custom ecoblue

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

2017 ford transit custom ecoblue

Postby Keith. M » Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:06 am

So am new to this page and have just bought a 2017 ford transit custom ecoblue, but I am hearing problems about the van from people before I have even lifted her. They say that the ecoblue model is a bad engine because its running a thinner timing belt and because its a wet belt they are more prone to breaking, has anyone else had this problem. There is 45000 miles on the van.
Keith. M

Re: 2017 ford transit custom ecoblue

Postby Mrcjstone » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:48 pm

Yes mine is a 2017 model and the belt has gone at 3.5 years old and 39000 on clock despite full ford service history. Why this hasn’t been recalled as is a known fault and could cause a major accident as when it went i was on motorway and lost all breaking and acceleration.
Mrcjstone
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: 2017 ford transit custom ecoblue

Postby woodbutcherbower » Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:37 pm

Wet belts are usually only prone to breaking if the engine oil is heavily diluted by diesel being dumped into the sump during DPF regens. So change your oil regularly. Also - Ford issued a recall on this topic but it was shunted due to lack of parts - speak to your local main dealer and you should be able to get an FOC belt inspection done under the recall. It only involves removal of the oil filler neck and shining a torch down a hole to inspect the belt for any signs of wear or delamination.
woodbutcherbower
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Transit Custom