*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Side door locking

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Side door locking

Postby Garygardener » Sat May 01, 2021 8:26 am

Side door of van not being recognised when open, so if I unlock the van with remote and only open side door after 45 seconds the van locks itself thinking no doors have been opened, anyone any ideas what I should be looking at?
Thanks
Garygardener
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: Side door locking

Postby burchy35 » Sun May 02, 2021 10:26 pm

I have the same annoying problem with the drivers door. Especially when I turn the van off and open the door, the radio stays on because it doesn't know the door has opened.
I need to find the faulty switch behind the door panel.
burchy35
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Garygardener » Mon May 03, 2021 2:09 pm

\
Last edited by Garygardener on Mon May 03, 2021 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Garygardener
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Garygardener » Mon May 03, 2021 2:14 pm

s-l1600.png
burchy35 wrote:I have the same annoying problem with the drivers door. Especially when I turn the van off and open the door, the radio stays on because it doesn't know the door has opened.
I need to find the faulty switch behind the door panel.

ive just found the problem!, theres a switch on the door pillar, but its behind the door when its open, i was just about to take the 3 pin door conatact off, when i noticed a switch on the opposite side, mine had the top part snapped off revealing the spring inside. new one ordered.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Garygardener
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Return to Transit Custom