*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Suspension question

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Re: Suspension question

Postby V184 » Tue May 04, 2021 7:52 pm

Mike wrote:That's the problem then, they're not the correct dampers (take note that the seller called them 'shockers', which they're not). Also I don't think that it should be sitting on the bump stops like it is, but someone with a Custom 320 would have to confirm or otherwise.

IMO you'd probably get away with the dampers being wrong if it wasn't on the bump stops.

In other words you haven't got a clue :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: How do know there the wrong dampers when the spring/axle is sitting on the bump stop ? what would the "correct" damper suddenly lift the spring up away from the bumpstop :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: wait for the name calling to start :) :) :) :)
V184
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby conrod » Wed May 05, 2021 9:26 am

APW wrote:As conrod said above, Bilstein have a video on FB showing the installation on a custom sport, the Technician cuts off the lower section of the stop at about 1:24.

https://www.facebook.com/BILSTEIN.uk/vi ... 822295226/

that's the video I was looking for! :D Looks like yours haven't been cut, I can see 4x bellows on there. It is a cheap and easy job to do, and certainly worth a crack.

Here is mine, which is stock, also has 4x bellows.

IMG_2527.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
conrod
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby 2020FMX » Wed May 05, 2021 10:04 am

conrod wrote:
APW wrote:As conrod said above, Bilstein have a video on FB showing the installation on a custom sport, the Technician cuts off the lower section of the stop at about 1:24.

https://www.facebook.com/BILSTEIN.uk/vi ... 822295226/

that's the video I was looking for! :D Looks like yours haven't been cut, I can see 4x bellows on there. It is a cheap and easy job to do, and certainly worth a crack.

Here is mine, which is stock, also has 4x bellows.

IMG_2527.JPG
Thanks for that. How many should be cut off? Or is it a case of one at a time and see?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2020FMX
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby MrVantastic » Mon May 10, 2021 5:04 pm

Hi.

Any update?

I'm interested as I have recently bought a tourneo and I'm thinking of dropping it.
MrVantastic

Postby 2020FMX » Thu May 20, 2021 6:32 am

I’ve not had it done yet due to work commitments . It’s booked in for a couple of weeks time. I will report back once done.

2020FMX
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby 2020FMX » Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:37 pm

So I’ve had the bump stops cut down and now I can drive the thing without feeling green around the gills. It’s made a huge difference to the ride! Thanks for the info you guys have offered!

2020FMX
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Previous

Return to Transit Custom