*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

2017.5 Tourneo Custom Titanium 'sticky brakes'

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

2017.5 Tourneo Custom Titanium 'sticky brakes'

Postby api182 » Sat May 08, 2021 3:37 am

Hi All,

Firstly, I'm new here, been trying to join the Tourneo club for months now and finally managed to buy one on Monday (3/5/21) - 3rd time 'lucky'...

It's such an awesome bit of kit so far and is now enabling our recently extended family to get out and about, so mission complete on that side of things!

It's a 67 plate with 'just' 56k miles, appears to run and drive perfectly fine except for a 'small' issue I'm noticing...

Basically, in the limited journeys I've driven it so far, a few times the brakes will 'stick on' from stationary.

Initially, I thought it was the hill start assist staying on, so I disabled that in the settings but it's happened again since then...

I'm trying to figure out how to reproduce it but so far can't identify the pattern, like earlier today it happened when I reversed it approx 6m, then went back into 1st gear to move it forward around 1ft, the brakes were stuck on. Pressing the pedal 'hard' and letting my foot off again released them but this obviously isn't ideal..?

Anyone have any experience of this?

Something that could be linked (or could just be in my head) is the brake pedal seems to have a bit of feedback when driving, if I literally just cover it while driving I can feel slight feedback through the pedal... This is the only Tourneo I've ever driven though so this could just be an 'unrefined normality' with Transits etc when compared to a car?

Thanks!
api182

Re: 2017.5 Tourneo Custom Titanium 'sticky brakes'

Postby seanl82 » Sun May 09, 2021 4:21 pm

Sounds a bit like a sticky caliper to me then. Go for a short drive and pull over after a minute. Touch each wheel or feel for heat from around the wheel caliper area. Alternatively, jack up each corner and with the handbrake released, spin each wheel to check for free movement. It's unlikely due to year and mileage, but not unheard of or specific to Transits.
seanl82
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Transit Custom