*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Custom '16 dealer replaced injector seals cause new issues?

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Custom '16 dealer replaced injector seals cause new issues?

Postby trnstcstmconv » Fri May 28, 2021 11:36 am

Hi everyone,

Hate to be the guy that finally created an account only to ask a question...

I've got 2016 plate 2.0 transit custom 100k miles. Ford garage replaced all 4 injector seals as 2 were chuffing no other issues with injectors. Took the van 150 miles away and had a big rattling noise. They hadn't bolted the injectors down properly, so had to get van recovered back to the garage.

Took the van back again - new noise this time that sounded like injectors - checked with forscan and cylinders weren't balancing correctly.

Took van back again - they told me they'd set the computer to relearn how to balance and to drive a couple of hundred miles

Drove a couple of hundred miles and now get service light with all the injectors on and off showing p126 code.

Took back to the garage who have spent a week trying to rectify, originally ford technical was telling them it was ECU then they said it was a bad injector.

Now I'm being told that all 4 injectors need to be replaced as ford technical are saying computer is telling them it's corrosion.

Is it normal for all 4 injectors to go at the same time - and isn't corrosion something the garage would have spotted when replacing the seals? Could the injectors have been damaged when they were not secured properly? Just feeling quite suspicious as I had no issues (other than the seals needing doing) until they started touching them.

Thanks for your help!!
trnstcstmconv

Re: Custom '16 dealer replaced injector seals cause new issu

Postby BHM » Fri May 28, 2021 2:18 pm

I hope you have some warranty

BHM
BHM
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby V184 » Fri May 28, 2021 9:12 pm

which dealer so i know to avoid
V184
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby woodbutcherbower » Sat May 29, 2021 9:41 pm

Feel for you mate.

My advice would be to go to the dealership in person, DEMAND to see the service manager- right f****g NOW - and bawl him out, ideally with a few other customers standing around with their jaws on the deck. Make demands, set deadlines and timescales, and make it clear that the 'Backbone of Britain' (in your case) doesn't have an actual spine. Be specific, factual and honest. Make the man in charge 100% aware of how his clueless minions have failed you and cost you £££££ through their incompetence. My experience is that those who shout the loudest and bang their fists the hardest, get the best service - and they get it first. This approach is especially effective if you take a buddy along who's filming the whole thing on his phone .........
woodbutcherbower
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby trnstcstmconv » Sun May 30, 2021 12:40 pm

Top rated official Ford garage in London… will speak to them next week in person!
trnstcstmconv

Postby V184 » Sun May 30, 2021 1:08 pm

trnstcstmconv wrote:Top rated official Ford garage in London… will speak to them next week in person!

that narrows it down :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
V184
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby Nederbelg » Sun May 30, 2021 2:02 pm

Top rated official Ford garage

Imaginary garage?

Gr Nederbelg
Nederbelg
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Mike » Sun May 30, 2021 2:33 pm

trnstcstmconv wrote:Top rated official Ford garage in London… will speak to them next week in person!

A bit like Boris being the best PM in London :wink:
Mike
Wind up merchant!

Return to Transit Custom