*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

POSSIBLE CAUSE FOR MAF CODE ?

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

POSSIBLE CAUSE FOR MAF CODE ?

Postby carlburt78 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:52 pm

Hi guys at work today I had a Engine Malfunction message appear on my 2014 Custom! So I put it on Forscan when got home and had a" P00BD MAF air sensor reading too high" I removed and visually checked it and it looked clean !

I got under the van to check things over and noticed the small lower intercooler pipe had some oil on it and after checking a little closer I realised that the protective sheath on the pipe has a hole in it so I suspect that there is a small hole in the actual pipe hence the oil

I had a loss of power and general heavy feeling whilst driving today , and I had the message flash up twice, could this be the issue? And I need the van for work on monday so is there a temporary fix ? Thanks Carl
carlburt78
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: POSSIBLE CAUSE FOR MAF CODE ?

Postby seanl82 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:16 pm

I've currently got the same proble. I'm away with work so don't need the van for a couple of weeks fortunately though as it's in limp mode. I had an IATsensor fault first, which looking at other threads is a common cause of the P00BD code. It's only £16.99 from Ford so I replace that and now just have said code. If you disconnect the MAF it'll run fine for a short while but it'll throw a hill assist malfunction. I borrowed a know good MAF and it hasn't solved my issue though. Need to do some more investigating when I get back, but I've a sneaky suspicion it's the DPF.
seanl82
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby carlburt78 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:51 pm

IMG-20210620-WA0000.jpeg

My suspicions were correct, behind the not very good protective sheath there was this split where a bolt( alternator I think) has worn through , I've glued a old bit of rubber hose I had lying around over the split as a temporary fix until my new hose arrives ......

Just went out for a drive and all seems good power wise ect so hoping this is what threw a MAF code , looking at the design and placement of this hose I would say this must be common as the hose is actually constantly touching the bolt , so I will modify my new hose when it arrives to protect it :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
carlburt78
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby seanl82 » Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:35 pm

Well it turns out this was the cause of my issue too! Picked a new one up from Ford today. Apparently the pipe with part number 1752334 has been superseded. New one is F2033223 and is slightly cheaper at £42.32 incl VAT.
seanl82
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Transit Custom