*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

V55/5 registering vehicle first time information

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

V55/5 registering vehicle first time information

Postby Jamesrb90 » Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:25 am

Hi all so we have brought a ford custom from a dealer that he brought from aution. Long story short the van doesn't have a log book nor is it registered. X amry vehicle. We need to fill out a v55/5 form to get the ball rolling but are struggling with the information its asking for. Very detailed questions. Has anyone had any experience filling out one of these forms and of so where did you get this information. Iv got another custom with logbook but it asked alot more that what's on the logbook the v55/5 is to register the vehicle for the first time

Many thanks
Jamesrb90

Re: V55/5 registering vehicle first time information

Postby jinx » Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:14 pm

Hi, i am pretty sure that someone from the post office can help to fill it in, failing that give the DVLA in Swansea a call as they will definitely be able to help you.
jinx
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: V55/5 registering vehicle first time information

Postby CRM » Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:01 pm

Yes i have for bikes - plenty.
its a bit of a faff and waiting game depending on who processes the application at DVLA.
you will need a NOVA number from HMRC to ensure all duty and tax is paid. you will need a dating certificate to prove the vans age, then a SVA test or certificate of type approval.
Once you have all this i can share how i filled mine in for the bikes, not all fields are required.
CRM
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Transit Custom