*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Trim around rear view mirror

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Trim around rear view mirror

Postby gizmo97 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:37 pm

I've just taken the trim off my 2018 Ford Transit Custom to install a AUTO-VOX V5PRO mirror and dashcam. There was a mirror mount under the trim and the video rear view mirror fits without any issue, but the trim seems to be for use without a mirror and won't fit back on.

I'm guessing I should be looking for a replacement from a Tourneo given they'd have a rear view mirror, but I can't begin to think what to search for.

I attach a picture of the bit of trim I've taken off and how th mirror and camera is sitting.

Autovox apparently have great customer service and I've emailed to see if they have a longer adaptor that will still fit the Ford.

PXL_20210910_150305439.jpg

PXL_20210910_150317989.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gizmo97

Re: Trim around rear view mirror

Postby trannycamper » Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:32 pm

Hello, Im looking at the same camera and like the clean look of bolting directly to the ford mount. What solution did you come up with? Pictures would be good too

Thanks
trannycamper

Postby Marky146 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:47 pm

Late to this. I've got a panel van so went to the Ford Dealer and came out with MIRROR *99651445*. COst me £55. It clips to the present mounting lug on the plate on the screen and other than the small blanking square part the lower and upper trim go back into place correctly.

Are you sure you've slotted it down into place correctly?

I'm also looking for a camera system, but the Media In Motion system that puts the display out onto the Touchscreen looks far nicer, if a little pricier. The CANBUS interface is £260 or so. Then £85 for Camera and wiring.
Marky146
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby 1234Tranny » Tue May 10, 2022 7:21 pm

Hi,

Has anyone managed to get a solution to this, I have purchased the same Auto Vox 5 Pro mirror and they have sent a longer bracket, however the base of it still fouls the refitting of the plastic cover. I have removed the mirror from the bracket in one of the pictures to get a better shot of the overlap.
2022-05-01 18.16.45.jpg

Also not sure how much the front camera will be obscured too.
2022-05-10 19.14.37.jpg

Only things I can think of - remove the metal mount on the windscreen and position it lower down - something I'd rather not attempt as I don't want to risk cracking the windscreen.

Or cut out a section in the centre of the plastic cover to slip around the mount bracket when attached? Open to any other ideas.

Any info on what fuses were used for the fuse taps would be appreciated too.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1234Tranny

Postby Bean Machine » Thu Jul 20, 2023 7:49 am

Did anyone ever resolve the installation issue with the V5 Pro. Even if a bracket will line up with the original mounting hole the camera won't see past the trim on the screen :shock:
Bean Machine

Postby Bean Machine » Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:02 am

With the supplied brackets being too high, which means the camera can't see past the screen trim I decided to look at an option to mount it lower down using the small metal screen mounting block provided in the kit. My first pass does work but I'm going to look at moving back and up a bit, well as far as it will go before the screen trim starts to get in the way.
Bean Machine

Return to Transit Custom