*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

2020 Custom intermittent gear problems

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

2020 Custom intermittent gear problems

Postby 76Lee » Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:14 pm

Hi all

Had my van a couple of months which was a demonstrator before. Its just done 5500 miles. I had a boxer before for 15 years so not really used to Fords so I cant tell if this is a problem or not!

Gear changes between 1 and 2 sometimes 3 are clunky, almost have to change gear slowly to make it smooth. A non technical term it feels like something is restricting it very slightly and either have to push the stick right across into the left or press the clutch right to the floor.

Some days its really smooth and doesn't seem to be a problem. Generally better after its been driving round for a bit . Sometimes it takes a bit of gentle force but doesn't feel like I can change from 1-2 or 2-1 quickly/smoothly if that makes sense. Hard to describe!! Wife's had Fords in the past and although not vans she says the gears usually are a bit clunky.

I've booked it in with Ford and tried to describe it as best as I can they said their Tech's will look at it but if they cant find anything its a £75.00 bill which I am not too fussed about but I am losing a work van for a couple of days which will cost me a lot more. Obviously I don't want to leave it but I am not quite sure its that serious but doesn't feel right for a nearly new motor!

Advice greatly appreciated
76Lee

Return to Transit Custom