*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Forscan/Engine swap

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Forscan/Engine swap

Postby Pearcy84 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:39 pm

Alright Gents!?
I’m wondering if anyone is particularly clued up with forscan? That could help me? as putting politely I’m useless!!
So the oil pump gave out on my 2016 sport 2.2l duratorq and had to have the engine rebuilt, put it back in the van and all seems relatively ok, although it was a pretty tense moment
Starting the thing for the first time.!!

Had a new turbo and two new injectors which I’ve corrected. But for the life of me I can’t seem to get forscan to perform a injector pilot learn!? It gets to 2% and just says injector pilot learn interrupted.
Is this required or is it a case that I need to reset a couple things and it will learn itself on its next cycle!??

Really not sure when it comes to all this computer malarkey!!! Would anyone know if the new turbo needs to be reset and learn anything ??

The van stinks of exhaust fumes!I’ve checked for leaks and can’t seem to find any and the connection to the exhaust fine. the DPF load is about 80% though, would this cause excessive fumes or not really!?

Probably worth mentioning it had an exhaust gas temp sensor fault (P242D) which I think I’ve narrowed down to the sensor pre cat as I’ve unplugged and this cleared the fault, however it doesn’t stop the exhaust fume issue regardless of being plugged in or not!! Would a regen advisable with that sensor unplugged or would that be a no no?

I’ll remove the sensor and check it, if I need a new one I’ll just replace it. I don’t really want to run the van until it’s all sorted, don’t really fancy having to take the engine out again!!
Is there a procedure I should follow with regards to programming when a new engine is installed!? Obvs I’ve already done the above but it does sound abit louder…. I think, unless I’m being paranoid!!

Any input or advise would be massively appreciated!! Cheers
Pearcy84

Re: Forscan/Engine swap

Postby aaronf78 » Fri Jan 05, 2024 7:18 pm

New member here with a P242D issue, looks like you didn't get a response but just wondered if you got any joy with yours? Mine is driving me nuts.

cheers
aaronf78

Return to Transit Custom