*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Warning messages - 2017 Transit custom

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Warning messages - 2017 Transit custom

Postby Scrippo » Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:34 pm

Hi all,

I’m new to this forum as up until now my transit custom has been behaving!

I parked my van up in September with no warning messages, but unfortunately couldn’t drive it as I broke my arm until about 2 weeks ago. I was occasionally but not very often starting it up, but it wasn’t being moved. For some reason, now there are numerous warnings that chime in when the van is started. I get warnings for parking sensors, brake pad wear and hill start assist. As a result parking sensors and hill start assist don’t work.

The ABS light and the yellow traction control light are now always on, with the yellow square with the ‘i’ inside it.

I have checked anything yet, but thought it odd that everything could go from being fine to warnings without any use! Has a sensor become faulty anywhere? I did wonder if a mouse or squirrel or something has got up in the engine bay and messed around with some connections. I guess there’s also a chance that these faults genuinely exist but want to see if there’s a potential quick fix before I go renewing stuff unnecessarily.

Any help would be appreciated.
Scrippo

Return to Transit Custom