*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Problem Start stop, SRC and battery age reset

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Problem Start stop, SRC and battery age reset

Postby TomIets » Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:11 pm

Hi guys,

2 years ago I bought a second hand ford transit custom from 2013. The start-stop never worked nor did the SRC, thus the voltage to the batteries is always 14,5V. I always assumed this was due to the batteries age.

Recently I installed 2 new batteries but still no start-stop or SRC. I have reset the BMS with the button combination and I brought the van to a ford dealer to reset the BMS with a program. Both without result...The garage informed me that there were no fault codes but that the batteries age remained on 3180 days. How come this is not reset and how can I do it? It seems to me the BCM thinks te battery is too old to use the start-stop and SRC.

Or am I not seeing something? Might there be another explanation for my start stop and SRC not working?

Kind regards,
Tom
TomIets

Re: Problem Start stop, SRC and battery age reset

Postby TomIets » Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:55 pm

Hi people,

after instaling Forscan I noticed my charging mode of the vehicule remains on conventional charging. After doing a BMS reset it stated 'Battery Refresh', when the battery reached 100% I stopped the car and the next day the charge mode indicated 'conventional charging'. Why doesnt it want to go to Smart Regenerative Charging? It seems all my sensors are working good. The service days of the battery still did not reset.

Kind regards, Tom
TomIets

Return to Transit Custom