*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Custom poss driveshaft and clutch issue

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Custom poss driveshaft and clutch issue

Postby Damian Kimmins » Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:42 am

Hello all, any help or advice would be greatly appreciated here.
I have a 2019 Custom 170 sport and the week before Christmas, when under acceleration, you could here this slight ticking coming from the front passenger side corner of the van. Initially I thought it sounded like a hydraulic tappet or follower (dont even know if my engine has them). Over the course of the week this became worse, but only under acceleration was it evident, to it being felt through the steering wheel whilst turning. I managed to get the van home one Friday evening to manoeuvre on to the drive and then the clutch pedal after being depressed didn't return. I noticed a video on you tube regarding the clutch pedal an whilst not explaining what the issue was said that pulling the pedal back up again would resolve it.
The van is at an Arnold Clark dealership at the moment and whilst it is under warranty are asking me for authorisation to take the gearbox off. The service advisor has said that if it is a worn flywheel it will not be covered. The van has only 65,000miles on it and is perfectly fine while stationary, no vibrations or anything. If you are driving straight and come off the accelerator you may not feel anything, but under acceleration or whilst turning it's a different story.
Does anyone have any suggestions or advice as to whether or not they think the issues are connected or indeed whether it is required to have it's gearbox removed?
Many thanks in advance.
Damian
Damian Kimmins
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Return to Transit Custom