*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Whining/noise front

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Whining/noise front

Postby YODA7 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:34 pm

Hi All
I have just purchased a Transit Custom diesel - 2013 reg.
It has been converted to a campervan etc and is in good order….However when driving there is a slight whine/noise coming from the front,
It seems to be the offside.
I have had a few vehicles in my life and experienced similar sounds before which have been wheel bearings.
I have had a garage ‘listen’ to it ( and he checked for any movement on the wheels) and said there is any….thinks it could be the drive shaft or gearbox bearing.
I’m having the brake discs changed in Feb wondering if worth doing the bearing whilst this is being done…or any ideas of checking.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Mike
YODA7

Re: Whining/noise front

Postby woodstock » Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:02 pm

i had a 16 plate brand new that had a whine at the front, i thought exactly like you, reported to ford who couldnt hear anything, i took ford mechanic up the road and he said it was tyre noise, new tyres were fitted when due and it still had the same noise, sold it at 70k miles and never had a problem with it but it still had this noise. new owner who i know is near 90k miles with no problem

just my experience,

regards
woodstock
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby jinx » Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:00 am

Hi, i have recently had this problem on my 70 reg ,i ended up changing the tyres but the noise was still there so I booked it in for Ford to investigate and it turned out to be the intermediate driveshaft bearing. All sorted under warranty and it was a pleasure to drive again
jinx
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby YODA7 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:53 am

Thank you.for all the replies.. much appreciated
YODA7

Return to Transit Custom