*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Trouble fitting second row seats

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Trouble fitting second row seats

Postby CalTransit » Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:42 pm

Hello, first time posting here.

I have a Ford Transit Custom 2014 L1 H1 Panel Van which I am trying to fit second row seats in. I have 3 single third row seats from a tourneo but I am having a hard time lining the seats up. The rear hole of the outside seats land smack bang on the leaf suspension housing which is a pain. The BEMM says there is a mounting point there so I have drilled a hole in that spot but there is no nut/mount on the underside. I understand I will have to put backing/spreader plates on the underside where there isn't a mounting point/captive nut. I haven't dropped the fuel tank yet to see what other obstacles I will come across. Does anyone have experience of fitting second row seat in a custom? Any advise or help would be great.
CalTransit

Re: Trouble fitting second row seats

Postby Brockers87 » Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:51 pm

HI

Im having the same issue how did you get around this?
Brockers87

Postby onyxx » Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:58 pm

Hello CalTransit, I am about to do the same. I bought the Turneo second row seats, crawled under the van. Seems to be like I have to drop the tank, drop the exhaust pipe, the pipe fixture, and the heat retaining shield. I'm trying to find spreader plates too. How did you get on? What is your experience? Thanks, Tony
onyxx
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby loko » Wed May 11, 2022 11:23 am

Place who fitted mine fitted the brackets to a thick steel
Sheet and then bolted that to the floor, so the location of the bolts wasnt so awkward
loko
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Dannyboy4 » Wed May 18, 2022 10:59 am

The second from the rear hole on both outer front rails lands in a captive nut just in front of the leaf spring the very rear hole lands under the leaf however with no captive nut so you have a couple of options really
1. Fit a longer bolt and place your nut/spreader plate on the outside of the chassis.
2. Drop the rear spring down and drill out the hole that's there enough to get a small spreader plate in or a large washer then nut it inside the chassis
3. Cut out a window in your chassis fit nut and spreader plate and weld the chassis back up

Number 1 is obviously the least intrusive

P.s
Make sure all your rails are faci g the correct way or your second rear hole won't line upto the captive nut in the chassis

Dan
Dannyboy4

Postby Azzawoods » Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:38 am

Did anyone get round this looking to do the same. Got any pics please?
Azzawoods

Return to Transit Custom