*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Latest EcoBlue reliability

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Latest EcoBlue reliability

Postby meridian » Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:22 pm

Hi all,

I don't really keep up with these things, and haven't been here for a few years now. A simple question, are all the EcoBlue woes from yesteryear now sorted

I bought the last of the 2.2s new in June 15 and it has been utterly faultless. Now at 128000 miles it remains a paragon of reliability and has needed nothing other than oil/filter, fuel filters, air filters, pads/discs and tyres, and an intercooler air temp sensor. Other than for MOTs it has never been to a garage, methodically serviced by myself, which has proven both cheap and easy

Possibly the best vehicle I have ever owned and still love it !

I am considering a new Custom Limited and not ready for the PHEV yet, so 2.0 TDCi 130ps L1 H1

Are the current EcoBlues, now a long time in production, fully sorted and dependable ?

Thanks Meridian
meridian

Re: Latest EcoBlue reliability

Postby woodbutcherbower » Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:27 am

I have a 67 plate Sport which I bought new and which now has 63k on the clock. Utterly flawless, not the slightest hiccup.. Just maintain it well, ignore the looney-tunes service intervals recommended by Ford and change your oil + filter at least every 10k, and you should be as happy as you are with your 2.2.
woodbutcherbower
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: Latest EcoBlue reliability

Postby meridian » Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:43 am

Thanks woodbutcherblower, that's good to know, and encouraging
meridian

Return to Transit Custom