*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

2022 Ford Transit passenger seat question

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

2022 Ford Transit passenger seat question

Postby Mikey18 » Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:39 pm

Hi All

I am new to this forum so how do you all do!
I am lucky enough to be picking up a 22 plate ford transit custom limited tomorrow 320 l2h1 170ps chrome blue auto.
The order was a cancelled order and comes with two captain seats in the cabin. I am wanting to swap the passenger captain seat for the double bench so 3 people can sit in the front instead of two.

Is this a easy job and a case of just finding a double seat bench and bolting it in? I would of thought they are all the same floor plan but when I phoned a ford dealership this morning they quoted a self build kit costing 6k for my model! This seems a ridiculous number.

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks Mike
Mikey18

Re: 2022 Ford Transit passenger seat question

Postby dunf » Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:13 am

Congrats on the new van. I saw a new one the same colour on a transporter yesterday morning and wondered if it was going to anyone on here? It was travelling North past Dunfermline on the M90.....

Anyway, i also have the two single seats and the £6k figure from Ford to change does seem ridiculous! Especially when it was an 'extra' £200+ to have the single seat instead of the double at build!

However they probably include changing out the bulkhead, mats, etc that you maybe do not need? (the single seat bulkhead doesn't come with the load through flap). Note sure but maybe the airbag configuration is different too? Still seems high though.
dunf
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Mikey18 » Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:48 pm

Thanks mate! I love it to be fair already but yeah need to swap the passenger seat to a double.
I am based up in County Durham and called into the Middlesbrough dealership on the way home just to get a second opinion.
They have come back with a cheaper price but its still ridiculous at 3k! I have attached the part list below for your reference.

I am going to have to see what i can come up with and potentially find a second hand set on Ebay.
At the weekend I might take the passenger seat out and remove the mat just to make sure the holes are there underneath for the frame.

I was expecting it to be a straight swap but it seems more complicated than I initially expected.

If anyone has done this before please let me know
or
if anyone has a spare 2022 double passenger seat and wants to do a swap for a captain seat I would be keen :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mikey18

Postby richbee » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:38 pm

Mikey18 wrote:Thanks mate! I love it to be fair already but yeah need to swap the passenger seat to a double.
I am based up in County Durham and called into the Middlesbrough dealership on the way home just to get a second opinion.
They have come back with a cheaper price but its still ridiculous at 3k! I have attached the part list below for your reference.

I am going to have to see what i can come up with and potentially find a second hand set on Ebay.
At the weekend I might take the passenger seat out and remove the mat just to make sure the holes are there underneath for the frame.

I was expecting it to be a straight swap but it seems more complicated than I initially expected.

If anyone has done this before please let me know
or
if anyone has a spare 2022 double passenger seat and wants to do a swap for a captain seat I would be keen :)

The single seats seem to be in huge demand and go for silly money on ebay etc - sometimes advertised for £1k!!!

You should fairly easily be able to swap and money your way - have you tried the FB Transit custom group & custom campervan group?
richbee
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Mikey18 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:37 pm

Thanks Richbee

I actually haven't. I will check them out now and see if any have a double bench in a heated version.
Wish me luck!

Thanks Mike
Mikey18

Postby Jacko7612 » Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:28 am

Just about to take delivery of a second hand 69 plate custom limited with double heated passenger seat but want a single seat in passenger side instead.
Not sure if this is possible / easy enough for a non technical person ? But if so, looking to swap for single heated passenger seat
Jacko7612

Postby loko » Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:24 pm

I wish i had seen this post earlier!
I.ve just done the reverse on a 70 plate Dciv, very easy everything is already in place, all the bolt holes are there, im taking the double out to put a drivers seat in its place as i couldnt find a genuine passenger seat anywhere, also near Middlesbrough
loko
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Mikey18 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:40 pm

loko wrote:I wish i had seen this post earlier!
I.ve just done the reverse on a 70 plate Dciv, very easy everything is already in place, all the bolt holes are there, im taking the double out to put a drivers seat in its place as i couldnt find a genuine passenger seat anywhere, also near Middlesbrough

Typical Loko. You are just along the road from me. I am based in County Durham.
I am told I will also need to change the floor plan too as the mats are a different too.
Apparently the double bench is deeper than the single seat so you might find you have a slight gap from the front of the passenger base to where it meets the mat?

Let me know how you get on as I would certainly be interested to know your progress
Mikey18

Postby Mikey18 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:43 pm

Jacko7612 wrote:Just about to take delivery of a second hand 69 plate custom limited with double heated passenger seat but want a single seat in passenger side instead.
Not sure if this is possible / easy enough for a non technical person ? But if so, looking to swap for single heated passenger seat

Thanks Jacko. I would only be looking to swap if they were 100% brand new or a 22 plate.
Mikey18

Postby loko » Sun Apr 03, 2022 6:04 pm

Your right there is a gap in front of the passenger seat now, it was a fairly easy swap i just have a couple of bits of carpet to fill in then i found a mat which covers the whole floor for a 2 single seater setup, you have a bit more work doing the reverse though as theres a bracket you would need to add, this holds 2 studs that are part of the fixing points for the double seat, the other 5 holes you would need are already there
loko
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby mstod32409@aol.com » Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:16 pm

hello,
just reading the post regarding swapping a single seat for a double. I've just bought 2 weeks ago a 21 plate custom which was a cancelled order. i want to swap the existing single heated seat for a double heated seat and just wondered how your change over went please and if the floor has all the required fixing points in place.
thank you very much
mstod32409@aol.com

Return to Transit Custom