*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Double front seat trim.

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Double front seat trim.

Postby Carlos_vanlife » Tue Apr 19, 2022 11:52 am

Would anybody happen to know if ford or any after market do a trim for the rear of the front double seat (transit custom 2018) Iv taken the bulk head out and now just have an unusable space.

Also I’m looking for a few other things….

Do they do a trim for the original from head lining to the rear ply lining head trim?

And where I have removed the bulkhead they is exposed metal on the floor between the fron and rear . Do they do a trim for that?

Regards
Carl
Carlos_vanlife

Re: Double front seat trim.

Postby Marky146 » Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:02 pm

Same boat for me. I have carpeted the seat bases and inside the passenger one, plus grinding out the back section. It's now going to get a matching panel with let in door from the furniture I choose for the back. I'll make up little panels for the top to bolt in and carpet that will sit against the swivels to seal the top in nicely. The battery side needs to lose the lid to fit the swivel so the covers will help there too.

Do you have a pop top? A Tourneo roof lining will fit and can be cut down to fit around the tpop top inner lining and you then dress the edges with carpet. Looks quite professional. Of course, Tourneo Interior parts are massively overpriced by breakers! Anything that camper converters use is at least double! That, of course, is simply market economics in play!
Marky146
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby APW » Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:58 am

You need to look at the trim for the DCIV and Tourneo models, both have trim on the rear of the double seat and floor.
APW
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Marky146 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:05 pm

To add, the front carpet /rubber mat sections come in many different versions. If you have the double seat, and a rubber floor, you can get a tourneo or bus underseat part that matches that, so you don't have to swap the front half which is a dash and heater matrix out job! (unless you cut it back from the hoses like I did).

It doesn't come all the way down to the floor, just about 25mm short as the Tourneo floor is raised to allow the seat runners to be bolted to the floor beneath. There are three clips on the back edge that give you a nasty cut if you are not careful too! :(
Marky146
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Return to Transit Custom