*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Looking for advise on 2016 Tourneo Custom with no power and

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Looking for advise on 2016 Tourneo Custom with no power and

Postby mattbjeffery » Fri May 20, 2022 5:33 pm

I've got a massive problem with my minibus. It was showing a fault with injector number 3 so I did the logical thing and replaced it. This is where things went down hill fast. It wasn't until I went to code the injector, that I realised the adaption code wasn't correct and it never came with a code from the remanufacturer. Not a problem as I had another on the way. Installed that and coded it no problem. However the testing with the dodgynone had sent a lot of unburnt fuel down the exhaust and the Adblue error appeared which I believe may also be causing a lack of power as I can no longer rev up past 1500 rpm. Also no fault codes are being shown in Forscan.

So far to try and diagnose the issue I have replaced the EGR and reset learned values (it was on the way out anyhow). Checked the electric turbo actuator function and wiring. Replaced the MAPT sensor as it was quite rough looking on inspection and reset values. Checked operation of the solenoid that switched vacuum to the EGR. Cleaned and replaced the Lambda and NOX sensors and checked the readings in Forscan.

The only thing I haven't done is access the SCR sprayer as it's a pig to get to and all the figures in Forscan seem to indicate it's working.

Does anyone have any suggestions of what could be causing this?
Cheers in advance for any help.
mattbjeffery

Re: Looking for advise on 2016 Tourneo Custom with no power

Postby p2thed » Fri May 20, 2022 6:19 pm

You could split the exhaust at the down pipe flange and see if it revs, just incase you have a damaged/blocked exhaust
p2thed
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: Looking for advise on 2016 Tourneo Custom with no power

Postby mattbjeffery » Fri May 20, 2022 7:07 pm

Thanks for you reply.
I forgot to mention I also took off and cleaned my exhaust pressure sensor and checked the DPF soot load is only around 80% and I'm still getting exhaust gas at the rear.

Could a partly blocked exhaust show the same symptoms?
mattbjeffery

Return to Transit Custom