*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

adding factory sat nav to my transit custom

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

adding factory sat nav to my transit custom

Postby sv custom » Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:42 pm

Hello can someone help i have a agate black 2021 transit custom 280 limited sv sport on a 71 reg i got it new from Hendy store in November it was a demo van with 128 miles on the clock but it didn't come with sat nav ,thay said you can just plug your phone into it to get it up on the screen.i have been back fords to see if the sat nav can be added to me radio and thay said NO it can not be be done if the van didn't come with it ,but when you look at the about SYNC on the radio it comes up with SYNC,software version F1.7.1.1_R20281 a
REevision:
(F1.7.1.1_PROUCT_GD)
Ford Motor Company
SYNC serial number (ESN)
Z08800ZS
Does anyone know what this means ,can it be upgraded ? .I have looked on the internet and youtube with not much help,can i change the SYNC apim with sat nav on them are thay plug n play or do i have to change more things? can i be done
hope someone can help me out darren
sv custom

Re: adding factory sat nav to my transit custom

Postby jinx » Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:10 pm

Hi, i would just do what Ford suggested and connect your phone to the van as Google maps on your screen is better than the factory sat nav and it won't cost you any money :D
jinx
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Transit Custom