*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Tourneo / Transit Custom Passenger Step Removal

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Tourneo / Transit Custom Passenger Step Removal

Postby N1ch0llz » Sun Jul 24, 2022 12:28 am

Hi,

I fitted a brink detachable tow bar and now specking out the electrics. From looking underneath I can see a connection near the spare wheel (see photo) which makes me think I have trailer prep but I wanted to confirm this by looking for the connectors under the passenger step.

This is where my problem/ask is. I am having real trouble removing the step and I am worried if I force anything I will snap something so I thought I would ask for some advice. I have searched the forum and I believe that 3 sections of trim need to be removed (the plastic step itself, upper and lower pillar trims)?

I have removed the 3 screws from the plastic step and the trim from the side of the passenger seat to see if that helps but it didn’t. Does anyone have any advice, photos or better still know of any videos showing this being done?

Thanks in advance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
N1ch0llz

Re: Tourneo / Transit Custom Passenger Step Removal

Postby richbee » Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:54 pm

It's not at all easy - I just did mine the other week -= it's a DCIV so similar to the Tourneo in having the flat plastic trim at floor level behind the front seats.
I got the 3 screws from the step (which also has clips and a spike into the floor at the front and the same into the base of the side pillar), the side of the front seat off, then 3 or 4 screws from the flat piece behind the front seats. The side pillar trim is a pain to get off, there are a couple of plastic clips on the side trim as well as 2 clips that only slide out by pushing the trim towards the middle of the vehicle. In mine, the step seemed to be trapped under the seat or the side trim , but I could fold it up far enough out of the way to get to the towbar wiring. Best of luck!
Looking at your picture, that is the towbar electrical connection. :D
richbee
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Transit Custom