*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

2013 transit custom injectors

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

2013 transit custom injectors

Postby Nathan-f » Sun Aug 28, 2022 5:35 pm

Hi all,

I have excess crank case pressure on my 2.2 2013 custom, when I remove the oil filler or dipstick when engine is running it’s blowing oil out. I reseated and replaced all the injector washers around 3 months ago, with no improvement.

Recently I gained a oil leak from the rocker cover gasket, so today I removed the injectors and rocker cover again as I have a MOT coming up next week…

When I removed the injectors they are covered in oil, is this normal? I have attached pictures. Also I checked the rocker cover breather pipe which is passing air freely when blown through.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nathan-f

Re: 2013 transit custom injectors

Postby RIPPERTON » Sun Sep 11, 2022 6:35 pm

Hi Nathan. Correct diagnosis on the blow by, with this engine look at the cheapest solution first.
The injectors pass through the cam case and are surrounded by engine oil right down to the seat.
When you replace seat washers you should cut the seats in the head or at least get them perfectly clean.
I used a seat cutting tool for garden taps from the hardware store.
Your injectors look like the washers are leaking a bit specially the 3rd from left.
Injector washer leaks with produce blue white smoke from exhaust on cold start or hot restart just for 2 seconds.
When theres no compression combustion, oil from cam case will leak down onto the piston then when running the leak reverses and makes blow by.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RIPPERTON
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Transit Custom