*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Transit custom engine vibration

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Transit custom engine vibration

Postby Anna81 » Wed Sep 14, 2022 5:52 pm

I have a 2013 Transit Custom Eco, 2.2l, approx 133,000 on the clock. I have had this van about 15 months. Last October it had a complete fuel pump failure. Had a new fuel pump, hoses and injectors. New glow plugs at the same time. It’s also had the near side wheel bearings replaced. I’ve recently had 2 new tyres on the front (Continental 4 seasons). I have had the wheels balanced (twice). It’s developed a significant vibration through the steering wheel and drivers seat. This is most noticeable when the engine is hot and under load. Last time I was doing 50-60mph on the motorway. I was in sixth gear, around 1500 revs. I changed down a gear, the vibration stopped completely when off the accelerator and then returned as soon as I was on the accelerator again. This was approx 15 miles into my journey and continued all the way to work. On my way home I was straight on the M20, started again after about 10 minutes and continued all the way home. It’s been in the garage a week and they can’t replicate the problem or find anything wrong. I’m at a complete loss. Fly wheel, drive shaft, CV joints, engine mounts…all been checked. They’ve driven it and can’t replicate the issue. It’s my only transport and I’m feeling pretty unsettled having to drive it to work. Has anyone got any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
Anna81

Re: Transit custom engine vibration

Postby metalworker0 » Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:07 pm

I'd say take a look at the crank pulley ..it's rubber damped and the rubber can perish and split ..hear it's hard to tell at first ..some don't find it until it fails.

all the best.mark
metalworker0
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby Anna81 » Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:47 pm

Thank you! Have passed that onto the husband for consideration.
Anna81

Postby alexsab11 » Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:25 pm

Hi Anna81 did you manage to solve the problem as I have similar?
alexsab11

Postby Anna81 » Sat Dec 31, 2022 4:07 pm

alexsab11 wrote:Hi Anna81 did you manage to solve the problem as I have similar?

Sorry for the late reply; swapped out the near side driveshaft and that seems to have cured it. Inner CV seemed to be the issue.
Anna81

Return to Transit Custom