*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Custom front speaker cabling

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Custom front speaker cabling

Postby cyclingspongecake » Sat Nov 05, 2022 6:16 pm

Hi,

I am about to replace the front speakers in my Custom. I've bought a set of Hertz Dieci component speakers and was thinking that the standard tweeters would probably be attached to the cabling near the door speaker in an obvious way so I could cut them to install the crossover unit of the new speakers in between. Sadly I'm scuppered at the first hurdle as the tweeter cables are white/orange stripe and white/purple stripe but the door speakers are both black cables which disappear into the loom and the tweeter cables don't seem to emerge there. So I dont' know how the tweeters are connected in, I haven't yet had a look to see if their cables go straight to the stereo head unit somehow or whether they are connected into the main speaker cables somewhere in the wiring loom.

I don't really want to be running new cables from the door to the tweeters unless I really have to as its a pain to get cables through the rubber thing between the door and the body.

Anyone know where/how the tweeters are cabled and at the head unit plug what colour the main speaker connections are going to be for left/right??? or any other info ?

thanks

chris
cyclingspongecake
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Custom front speaker cabling

Postby noeljary » Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:08 am

Hi,

Good news and bad news here I think - the tweeter cables don't go through the door, however they're just spliced so probably buried in the loom making installing a crossover difficult unless you rip a lot of stuff out!

This is the diagram for the base spec radio, but seems to be the same if you have the radio with the 4"(?) screen.
Screenshot 2022-11-05 at 23.01.10.png

Hope this helps, Noel
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
noeljary
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Custom front speaker cabling

Postby cyclingspongecake » Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:08 am

Thanks for this, thats useful, although the job is now more complicated :-(

Where did you get this diagram from btw?

thanks

chris
cyclingspongecake
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Transit Custom