*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Ford Tourneo Custom 2013 125 ps

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Ford Tourneo Custom 2013 125 ps

Postby Robbie 76 » Sun Nov 06, 2022 3:10 pm

Hello everyone
New to site today. Hope you can help please
I purchased a 2013 Ford Tourneo Custom around 3 months ago. Great family car love it. Engine ran brilliantly
So I decided to to have the alloys re furbished just a few days ago. Re fitted the wheels and took kids out for a short run.
On the way home the engine cut out at the lights and kept on cutting out, as soon as I was stationery. Now it wont start at all. Almost as though it is immobilized.

When the engine stopped at the lights I had a message something like "Manual re start" required which I did.
After reading the manual I presume that vehicle has a stop Start facility which neither I or the previous owner was aware of. Would the removal/ replacement of the wheels be relevant to my problem with starting the vehicle? Or co-incidence? Its just that it ran perfect before then
I would much appreciate any advice to get the Tourneo running again, only vehicle we have, cant afford garage charges

Thank you so much in advance

Robbie

Robbie 76

Re: Ford Tourneo Custom 2013 125 ps

Postby Random18543 » Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:56 am

Hi Robbie - welcome!

It sounds like a coincidence to me - hard to see how the wheels would make a difference in this case.

I find the stop-start can be very fussy, but normally the 'manual restart' only shows up if something else stops the engine (e.g. stalling it) because it's not sure it's safe to auto start.

Does it run at all / do you get any kind of lights on the dash when attempting to start it?

If it does start, have you tried turn the stop-start off (there's a button with an 'A' in circle, top right next to the instrument cluster - you need to do it every time you start the engine though...

Ian
Random18543

Re: Ford Tourneo Custom 2013 125 ps

Postby Robbie 76 » Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:29 pm

Hello Ian
Apologies for the late response to your kind reply to my post Been poorly. anyway I still can't get my Tourneo to start up.Feel sure that if I could disable the stop start then it would solve the issue. There is no button on the dash with an A in circle. It does not run just turns over Also when I turn the key in the ignition to turn the engine over the key does not spring back it keeps trying to start the engine I have to physically turn the key back to disengage it
Do you know how I can permanently disable the stop start system ? As I said previously I recently had the wheels re furbished and the vehicle was laid up for around a week so I wonder if the stop start battery has been affected with not being used for a week or so?
Any more advice would be very much appreciated Thank you

Best wishes Robbie
Robbie 76

Return to Transit Custom