*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Vibration under load - transit custom 2017 plate

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Vibration under load - transit custom 2017 plate

Postby dave.brown2022 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:49 am

Hi all,

I know what your initial thought are.... has the wheel been balanced correctly? Well it has and many other avenues have been looked at, I will explain.

*THE ISSUE*

So when the engine is cold, the van runs perfectly. Once warm/hot and done a few miles, the van will start to shake as if the wheels feel like they are going to fall off. This only happens over 55mph and in 5th & 6th gear. The shaking only happens under load (when accelerating) and seems to be worse if accelerating slowly. As soon as I release the accelerator pedal the symptom stop and the van glides with no issues or vibration.

Things checked so far:

Fuel filter - changed
throttle valve - changed
drive shafts - seem OK
wish bones - need replacing soon
computer plugged in to engine by ford technician and taken out for a drive. No faults found at all on the engine even when symptoms have been happening whilst plugged in.

Approximately 1 year ago it had a brand new engine fitted by Ford in Perth, Scotland, under warranty due to a timing belt failure. As the engine was out I paid for a new clutch to be installed and a gear box service to be completed. About 1 month prior to this it has received 2x new front drive shafts. It has since had all new brakes, disks and rear callipers.

This van is what earns me my money so I need to get this issue fixed so i can feel safe whilst on the road.

Any help would be amazing as I have taken it to 2 different garages, spoken to multiple people, paid for things that haven't fixed the issue.

Dave
dave.brown2022

Re: Vibration under load - transit custom 2017 plate

Postby metalworker0 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:35 pm

Swap the wheels from front to back ..to see how it is then.

all the best..mark
metalworker0
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Re: Vibration under load - transit custom 2017 plate

Postby bortaf » Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:10 am

Under load vibrations are usually the inner Cvs IME, they rarely feel loose until removed :?
Current fleet
Mk7 transit ambulance
Mk1 tourneo connect
Mk1 Mondeo 1.8 STD
Mk5 fiesta 1.25
Fusion 1.4TDCi
bortaf
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Return to Transit Custom