*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Amp fitted reverse beepers low

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Amp fitted reverse beepers low

Postby Newfordowner » Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:27 am

Hi All

Sorry if this has been asked before, please feel free to move appropriately.

I have a 2018 transit custom trend (facelift) and recently upgraded the stereo to the 8inch display to get CarPlay by swapping out HU/ screen from a fiesta mk8 non apim, all is working well with new HU but previous to changing the HU I had a vibe optisound amp with vibe speaker and Kenwood ksw underseat sub installed which worked perfectly with stock trend HU and does with the new upgraded HU/screen apart from now I have encountered a problem with the reversing beepers. The sound of the beeps when reversing used to come from the dash speaker and be alot louder, now it’s coming from the door speaker and also the sub but it’s really low to the point I cannot hear it, the strange thing is the front beepers work fine and are louder like they usually are from the dash, if I disconnect the t harness thats connected to the amp and use the original harness (so there’s no amp installed) it all works fine but sounds crap, If any of you could help or point me in the right direction to get the reverse beepers either louder via the speakers or back via the dash speaker it would be really appreciated as I’m really at a lost end. thank you in advance
Newfordowner

Re: Amp fitted reverse beepers low

Postby Newfordowner » Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:02 pm

** UPDATE SOLVED**

So, just incase anyone comes across this issue that I had I’ve managed to solve it. It was a reprogramming issue within the HU that had switched the chime output from instrument cluster to the speakers output, I changed this setting using forscan to get access to the BdyCM Module and changed chime output setting from “audio speakers back to instrument cluster” and all is working perfectly.
Wasn’t to bothered about the reverse chimes coming out of speakers as it’s a van and had always come from instrument cluster anyway, stereo still lowers stereo volume when reversing so I can hear reverse beeps.
Newfordowner

Re: Amp fitted reverse beepers low

Postby Altransit » Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:38 pm

Good result, thanks for posting back :D
1994 Mk4 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (R.I.P.)
1997 Mk5 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (Gone, but not forgotten!)
2004 Mk6 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.0 TDDi - Vantunered (Also gone)
2008 Mk7 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.2 TDCi - Also Vantunered
Altransit
Site Moderator

Return to Transit Custom